1100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a complete saw that probably needs very little to get running again. I’d buy it.

Thats what I thought to- wee bit worrying the old ignition might show a spark, but wont run when warm or something equally simple with a unicorn part.

But hey, worst comes to worst- spare top end and crank for my 2100.

Okay, I might have over spent, might have done the online risk taking buy and not really won this time- but its here.

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpeg

Oil cap is busted, horrible 3 screw starter with what feels like shagged pawls.
Kind of reasonable compression on the rope- but not 100cc reasonable (was sold to me as not running- good piston and cylinder).
Did get it to fire- so it has spark, I just had to dribble a heap of straight oil on top of the piston to take up the slack and get good compression.

This does not look too promising.

image0.jpeg

Thats a big old chunk of the mid land missing between the rings!
So not so good piston, possibly not so good cylinder.......

Just for kick and giggles- I carted some kind of moly coated 56mm piston kit for the saw from the States at an attractive $36NZ, moved on to checkout to calculate shipping = another $58NZ thanks, so could we please have $94 of your dollars to send a cheap aftermarket piston to your door in about the next month or so for you to fit into a saw that only cost you twice what the piston will cost you?

Got to love International shipping!

I found a new set of 56mm piston rings, know I have a reasonable 2100 piston (somewhere!) and if all else fails I have a new in box, new old stock 2101 piston kit..........

Otherwise it is cleaning up well, found a tidier clutch cover, bar adjuster and gave the saw a damn good clean up- should have taken before and afters of the air filter- but as arrived you could not tell it was white, or even meshed.
Has the mainly black ID tag still in place that just says Husqvarna Sweden and serial number- no model, so in my mind this makes it an earlier saw but has the later style air filter, not the grey flat top of air box cover. Still be nice to think it was a 1973 model and now half a century old!

So been cleaning the old saw up a bit to enable it to be worked on, cleaned up the flywheel and it says SEMA on the front of it.
Without pulling the flywheel to check- I am assuming some previous owner has already swapped a non sparking Femsa unit and flywheel for the 2100 Sema unit?

image1.jpeg

Just for kick and giggles- I carted some kind of moly coated 56mm piston kit for the saw from the States at an attractive $36NZ, moved on to checkout to calculate shipping = another $58NZ thanks, so could we please have $94 of your dollars to send a cheap aftermarket piston to your door in about the next month or so for you to fit into a saw that only cost you twice what the piston will cost you?

Got to love International shipping!..................
You folks need to figure out your duties and taxes with your government. I am sure I could ship you the parts much cheaper UPS over USPS but then your government nails you in taxes. For all the folks that complain about the USA I have NEVER paid a duty or tax on any package I received from 6 continents.

You folks need to figure out your duties and taxes with your government. I am sure I could ship you the parts much cheaper UPS over USPS but then your government nails you in taxes. For all the folks that complain about the USA I have NEVER paid a duty or tax on any package I received from 6 continents.

How do you figure it is to do with our duties and taxes? I believe you have to try and import something of much more value before import duties are due here. Same place will ask for $18 of your dollars to send a standard letter postage envelope with a couple of decals in it- no tax on that.

How do you figure it is to do with our duties and taxes? I believe you have to try and import something of much more value before import duties are due here. Same place will ask for $18 of your dollars to send a standard letter postage envelope with a couple of decals in it- no tax on that.
I go off what folks in other countries tell me. They always want things sent USPS instead of UPS because they say the duties and taxes are cheaper. I had a situation a good number of years ago in your land sending 084 parts. He wanted them sent USPS as cheap as possible. They ended up in France. If you think about simple geography from Illinois to Australia the box needed to go west not east. It was several months to get it straightened out. I sent parts to Germany two weeks ago via UPS for 50% of USPS rates and they were there in 4 days, Thursday I sent a 70lb box to Germany for way under USPS. I am worried about it though as it is a heavy bogger. It is supposed to be there Tuesday. It was nearly a month sending a 1lb box to Canada USPS to save duties. It ended up costing me $62 in shipping.

Back