• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 181/281 Parts Saws and various NEW parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@davidwyby

So I'm trying to upload some photos. May not work til morning or next go through town.

There is a 181 fuel tank. The line in it may or may not be good, though there are no visible cracks.

181 crankcase. Piston is scored.up around the crown and rings on both sides but is free. Cylinder can probably be cleaned up, but I'm only looking by daylight.

Bearings, seals, and likely crank should all be suspect.

Carb is 228A7-14.
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/181se-carb-problem.360016/#post-7772444

288xp top cover with heat-deflector. I believe it is a low top. I have another cover in rougher shape without a deflector, presumably 181 low top, if there's any differences from models low tops.

Three working recoils. One has no damage, one has some resistance and needs to be cleaned. Worst case a new spring and or pulley. The other two including ones with missing bars work very well.

Two clutch covers; one was broken for milling, but done poorly. The other is intact except for where the brake handle inserts (shown in photo).

Spare parts are better seen in the photo, but l may post up that unfortunately if the pics won't load.

I have a spare set of cases and a spare cylinder that is now ported. I’m thinking about keeping one nice and stock and orange and one ported and green…or something. Do you think you have enough there to build most of a saw?

I have a spare set of cases and a spare cylinder that is now ported. I’m thinking about keeping one nice and stock and orange and one ported and green…or something. Do you think you have enough there to build most of a saw?

I THINK there is most of a saw there but I will not/cannot guarantee there is most of a saw there. I wish I could, but it wouldn't be right to make that claim. It will come down to what is usable or beyond usable.

I have a feeling we can figure it out, though. Say something like a small/partial refund if it doesn't work out for you. Your reputation is solid, as far as I've seen.

I know I'm losing money on all fronts even at $300-shipped. That risk I took helping out my lady's friend with firewood. But I'm also never going to get around to messing with these cases/parts.

If Tim's stuff doesn't have everything you need I'm pretty sure I could get you whatever bits were missing.

@HumBurner lets do it.

I’m gonna need a good tank or two.

Sounds good!

PM me your info and we'll get the ball rolling. We have a likely heavy rainstorm coming in Monday nite, with greater potential for slips and slides after the 6.4 earlier this week. I'm not sure yet what day I will be able to ship it all out.

Thanks for buying the package @davidwyby - I’ve been on the verge of going for it myself, but didn’t quite have the funds.

I've been there MANY times since joining this site and the other.

Worst case scenario, maybe David can sell you parts he doesn't end up using.

Back