193T 6T vs 7T sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonyknafla

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Stihl 193T and it needed a new sprocket. I ordered a new OEM sprocket advertised for the 192/3/4 and realized after that its a 7T sprocket vs the current 6T sprocket that im replacing.

My questions are :

Is this 30.1 cc saws performance going to be negatively affected by the extra tooth? Will my chains DL count be affected?

Im still learning about saws and all of what of Ive found on here regarding sprocket tooth count is dealing with larger saws. Seems to me I'll have a faster chain speed but what about in the cut?

Thanks in advance.

the 7t needs a different oil gear that stock 6t(comes with sprocket when oem purchased)
if you have the 'greedy' bar on it (16") and cutting large hard wood may be slower. if cutting small dia soft wood with a short bar may cut a little faster

the 7t needs a different oil gear that stock 6t(comes with sprocket when oem purchased)
if you have the 'greedy' bar on it (16") and cutting large hard wood may be slower. if cutting small dia soft wood with a short bar may cut a little faster
thank you for the reply I'll be running a 12 inch bar on it. I cut a lot of oak though

Latest posts

Back