1960's 030AV won't start when hot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwswede

Reaction score
Hello all,

Although I rarely post (can't remember the last time I did) I enjoy reading the threads when I get a chance.

I realize I am running a dinosaur but I really like the power of this saw over my newer 021. Over the summer my saw developed a problem where it wont' start when it is hot. As soon as it cools down it often starts on the first pull. I can't figure what the problem is.

Any ideas?

TIA,
BWSwede

That's a very common problem with the 031 and I believe the ignition system is the same on the 030. Every time I've personally seen it happen it was the coil going bad but if it's the condenser as noted above that would be a quicker/easier/cheaper fix so worth a try first. If it ends up being the coil you'll either need to replace it or, even better, replace your system with an electronic ignition from an 031 Electronic.

Thank you both for your replies. I really appreciate the advice given (and the link) and will pursue the new parts.

Thanks again,
BWSwede

Back