1990 Husqvarna 50 work saw build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel free to ask away if you have any questions or need some help along the way, I’ll be sure to do the best I can to get you some answers amd help you need
Orange Ripper, have done most of the rebuild this end.
Kit arrived yesterday, all the way from China in 9 days to the UK.

FARMER TEC is the name of the maker of the kit on the box.
Never used or heard of them before, but am happy with contents.
Only got the carb to now strip, sonic clean and rebuild.
Took me all day just to strip the saw and fit the piston and barrel.
I know it is only a two hour job and another 2 to strip, sonic clean and rebuild the carb, but I am slightly broken body wise, so takes me a day to do things others can do in an hour or so.

Will finish it off tomorrow, as will do the carb through the night this end.
DSC_1498-web.jpgDSC_1499-web.jpgDSC_1503-web.jpgDSC_1511-web.jpgDSC_1514-web.jpgDSC_1519-web.jpgDSC_1520-web.jpg

I shall never forget this Orange Ripper, as in you knowing this kit would fit my Husky model by the serial number.

Very easy to work on, and straight off with the barrel and on with the new one.
Piston swapped out in seconds and I remembered to use the original circlips for the piston gudgeon pin.
New small end bearing.
I always dip engine parts in oil while assembling.
If oil, fluids etc. affect your skin over time, use laytex gloves.
I use hand cream after washing my paws if in oil or grease etc.:innocent:

I have sonic cleaned the air filter, carb shields and carb, which I stripped, rebuild and re-jetted.
Just got to put it back together and fill her up with fluids and run her in.
I only have a small sonic unit, which I got for 2/4-stroke engine carbs, and anything that will fit in the basket.

DSC_1523-web.jpgDSC_1525-web.jpgDSC_1527-web.jpgDSC_1541-web.jpgDSC_1546-web.jpg

I never got a blanking plate for the barrel, completely forgot, so will use the decomp plug in the barrel to fill the hole to get the saw running, and find a blanking plug as soon as possible.

Back