$2,000.00 for a jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a Jonsered 2094 on ebay which the seller wants $2,000.00 for, two THOUSAND... It comes with a 28" suhigara lightweight bar & a few extra chains.

Is that insanely out of this world expensive or am I crazy?

Upon further investigation, I see that the same seller has all of his saws priced well over the $1,000.00 price point. Pretty much every 4-5ci saw he has is listed for $1,500.00 or higher.

Would anyone here consider spending two grand on a used chainsaw that isn't 7+ cube & 50+ year old? Are the work saws of the 1990s & early 2000s really worth 2x what they sold for new?

I bought a Jonsered 2095 about 20 years ago for $500, and it was very lightly used. The prices of the old saws are stupid. Poulan Pro 655 for $1400 was on there not long ago. Would love to have one, but $650 maybe $750 would be my top price .

If you read what this particular seller puts in the descriptions, you may come away thinking that you aren't going to get a proper chainsaw for less than what he's charging, or possibly any saw at all!
I believe in a free market, I also believe that he probably doesn't sell a whole lot of saws..

I used to cruise ebay daily back a decade or so ago, I'm surprised at some of the prices put on saws now.

best place to find saws is craigslist.
Just bought a cs-2171 for $400 in mint condition.
Picked up a mint Remington PL-7A for $50 last winter and it runs like a raped ape.
mint condition XL-12, $150 from the original owner last fall.
and there is no one there bidding up the price on you there either.

I think I should probably snag one or two up. I'd like the Westcoast version, though.
I would certainly like a few 92cc Stihls for later. I'd say that the 066/660 became my favorite saw over the years. I bought one & sent it to Phil's Saw Shop for massaging just months before assuming the caretaker role. The saw is new for the most part. More & more I want to save it now that it's a thing of the past.
I never gave the 394/5 much of a chance after comfying up to the 660.
There's a dude here that was kind enough to lend me a "ported" 394 after I shattered the exhaust skirt Into rice grains on my DIY ported 660. I'd like to reciprocate the kindness unto him but I can't remember who it is..
The "ported" 394 was the slowest saw in it's class that I had ever run.
The guy who did the "port work" certainly ruined his reputation with that saw. The lender declined my request for permission to pop the jug off to see what had actually been done, so I never confirmed my suspicions.
In my mind, he is not the master that many think he is. I'm probably in a small minority with that opinion. I like what I get from Phil's out in Florence.

Just sold my 2nd project 2095. This one was 300. One many years back was 100.

People can ask all they want. But like the old saying goes. Wish in one and and crap in the other and see which happens first. ;)

Just watched a guy sell a super clean full wrap 2095 for 800. To me that is about the limit.

I like the build of 394 395 better myself.

j2095x.jpg

Back