2 cycle oil choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, no I should have quoted the quote from bwalker. Not you lol.
No foul Sean , lol. I knew you had misquoted . Actually , I have a gallon of the Lucas semi synthetic product in the oil cabinet as a back up oil , that I still run my gas trimmer with . Its a blended oil that is quite effective within reduced smoke production in close quarter use , just a reliable all around user product . If it was full synthetic such as Maxima 927 or 800 T or Sabre I would use it even more . Being low ash it was also effective within reduction of build up on the power valves on my Polaris 700 liberty engine , which is a priority . I would rate it as a solid FC specification oil , not quite a FD compliant oil within my various application usages . A quality oil all the same ! ;)

I have run Walmart Supertech bar oil for years. I sure haven't had any bar or chain problems with it.
I really dont think it matters a whole lot on what bar oil you use.
Stihl bar oil is more tacky IMO.
For more than ten years have been using mostly Supertech 20-50 for bar oil. Prior to Walmart what ever parts stores carried and of course worked fine. On all my saws have tweaked the oil pump a little so that after a fuel tank the oil is gone too. I have a couple of saws that I have been using for more than forty years. From racing and building race motors I have noticed that there does not exist a perfect two stroke oil. All oils have pros and cons. When My son was racing we had a heck of a time keeping his engines in one piece because they were not running warm enough. Some oils work better in some conditions than others. For at least thirty years I did not have to buy two stroke oil because it was supplied so would mix five gallons to ten gallons a week. There was always premix left over for chain saws. The last few years when I have had to buy oil I have settled on Supertech which I have had no issues with and have torn down a couple of motors to see nothing unusual. A well tuned motor will give an extra ordinary service life that often out last OP. Thanks

For more than ten years have been using mostly Supertech 20-50 for bar oil. Prior to Walmart what ever parts stores carried and of course worked fine. On all my saws have tweaked the oil pump a little so that after a fuel tank the oil is gone too. I have a couple of saws that I have been using for more than forty years. From racing and building race motors I have noticed that there does not exist a perfect two stroke oil. All oils have pros and cons. When My son was racing we had a heck of a time keeping his engines in one piece because they were not running warm enough. Some oils work better in some conditions than others. For at least thirty years I did not have to buy two stroke oil because it was supplied so would mix five gallons to ten gallons a week. There was always premix left over for chain saws. The last few years when I have had to buy oil I have settled on Supertech which I have had no issues with and have torn down a couple of motors to see nothing unusual. A well tuned motor will give an extra ordinary service life that often out last OP. Thanks
Same here Ted , during my younger years , had Sponsorship from Quaker State & Sunoco for oil & fuel during my snowmobile racing days , always had extra Premix laying around for saws & other 2 stroke units lol. I even used Super Tech Marine grade oil for my outboards during the 80 's . It was price friendly & a quality oil at the time. The good old days..eh bud ! ;)

I have used Amsoil Full Synthetic from day one. Works great and never had an issue with engine failure. Also, I always use high octane, non-ethanol gasoline in two-stroke stuff.

I use Amsoil in cars, trucks, line trimmers, chainsaws, riding tractor, push mower, 4x4 Diesel utility tractor, everything.

Also use a slight bit of "Stabil" additive in each can of two-stroke fuel I mix up. Store in a metal can, in a temperature controlled environment. Never let it sit around for more than three weeks. Always shake the can before using. And if the saw has sat for a day or two with 3/4 tank in it... shake the saw to mix whats already in the tank.

I have used Amsoil Full Synthetic from day one. Works great and never had an issue with engine failure. Also, I always use high octane, non-ethanol gasoline in two-stroke stuff.

I use Amsoil in cars, trucks, line trimmers, chainsaws, riding tractor, push mower, 4x4 Diesel utility tractor, everything.

Also use a slight bit of "Stabil" additive in each can of two-stroke fuel I mix up. Store in a metal can, in a temperature controlled environment. Never let it sit around for more than three weeks. Always shake the can before using. And if the saw has sat for a day or two with 3/4 tank in it... shake the saw to mix whats already in the tank.
If your using Saber Den , you will not require any fuel stabilizer . It already has a additive within the blend . I used Amsoil for 10 yrs without any fuel related issues . Good preventative measures though !

Back