2 cycle oil choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pumpkin pancakes I can’t get enough of them. Even good whole wheat pancakes but butter milk are good some days. Good real maple syrup.

Pumpkin syrup yummy just a little will do. There’s a guy here selling fresh maple syrup too. Good real stuff. No “IHOP” needed. We use fresh Amish roll butter too.

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Jay-Gourmet-Pumpkin-Spice/dp/B07HNVGVRY

https://www.amazon.com/Whole-Wheat-Buttermilk-Pancake-Mix/dp/B075313K7R

https://www.amazon.com/Krusteaz-Pumpkin-Spice-Pancake-Pack/dp/B00HBJ27UO

https://www.amazon.com/Minerva-Dairy-Amish-Style-Butter/dp/B0006Q9568

After having cancer I eat a lot healthier than that phony chemical garbage, or as good as I can. with all these things going on with everyone’s health lately they seem to have a pill for everything. I think it’s the chemicals in our food that’s hurting us.

Just to show ya. Lot of folks like stihl ultra silver bottle the highest priced stuff I know of. It shows only FB. I wont touch the stuff myself by choice.

I have got alot of folks off that stuff here local. If I recall right even silver bottle poulan synthetic is FD

View attachment 870166
I got lot of folks off the stuff
yep you sure did

Dare I say it... I run Amsoil Sabre at 80:1 mixed with 100LL AvGas. That's all my 2 strokes have ever seen, even while I owned my landscaping company. Never had anything fail, never had a single no start even after sitting for months. Hell, the first trimmer I bought, a Sthil fs 90(?) Is still running 11 years later at my dad's. (After 5 years of commercial use, everyday 8 months a year) I lent it to him when his died, and I never asked for it back so long as he only runs the fuel I give him.

I know a lot of guys hate it and the thought of 80:1 will make some cry, but it works for me without so much a hiccup.

I honestly did not have an opinion on the performance of the Sthil oil as it has worked well for me it was mostly the cost factor and when I bought the new Echo Cs590 the other day the sales guy was telling me that I should use Echo oil or problems may occur ......I was not buying that line and that's what started my search here on 2 cycle oils .( Did I buy the Echo oil, NO)
What was funny he opened up 1 echo bar oil jug and then a different brand of bar oil and was showing me how different and more tacky the echo oil was and it would be wise to use the Echo bar oil .....my reply was there is no difference in those 2 bar oils other than the price !

I mean are tacky bar oils really that different ? I have always just bought cheapest stuff I could find but is that the way to go, now I am wondering about that also but not really worried about it

I honestly did not have an opinion on the performance of the Sthil oil as it has worked well for me it was mostly the cost factor and when I bought the new Echo Cs590 the other day the sales guy was telling me that I should use Echo oil or problems may occur ......I was not buying that line and that's what started my search here on 2 cycle oils .( Did I buy the Echo oil, NO)
What was funny he opened up 1 echo bar oil jug and then a different brand of bar oil and was showing me how different and more tacky the echo oil was and it would be wise to use the Echo bar oil .....my reply was there is no difference in those 2 bar oils other than the price !

I mean are tacky bar oils really that different ? I have always just bought cheapest stuff I could find but is that the way to go, now I am wondering about that also but not really worried about it
I have run Walmart Supertech bar oil for years. I sure haven't had any bar or chain problems with it.
I really dont think it matters a whole lot on what bar oil you use.
Stihl bar oil is more tacky IMO.

I have run Walmart Supertech bar oil for years. I sure haven't had any bar or chain problems with it.
I really dont think it matters a whole lot on what bar oil you use.
Stihl bar oil is more tacky IMO.
Thats kind of how I was thinking , I bought a jug at a different store , think it was countryside bar oil and half the price of what he was pushing

i buy the elcheapo bar oil and add whatever leftover atf I have laying around to it at around 10-25% esp in winter. What everyone is calling carbon looks more like tar or soot buildup from incomplete burning than the hard chalky white stuff I call carbon..Lubrication never seems to be the issue instead it is power reduction, incomplete burning, chemical reactions from burning and chemical reactions to plastic/rubber all seem to be tho. Does anyone ever turn their saws upside down after storage to allow residual crankcase oil to drip into the cylinder/rings as every time a saw is put away the first restart is a few really tough pulls until fresh mix gets in the cylinder.

Alota oil threads out there. I like the synthetics because of the cleaner burning. Stihl, Opti2, Amsoil, Lucas, Klotz, etc... all perform well. Just be sure to mix what’s recommended & sleep well with it.
How long have you ram Lucas switching over to large quantities and getting away from the small bottles, mixed 5 gallons up but haven’t ran it yet because I was wondering about it not be “certified “

How long have you ram Lucas switching over to large quantities and getting away from the small bottles, mixed 5 gallons up but haven’t ran it yet because I was wondering about it not be “certified “
Because the didn't bother to spend the money to get it certified. Which doesn't mean it's an inferior oil imo.

It's ok , I have ran it in snowmobiles , gas trimmers and in a pinch my Dolmar saws @ 40 :1 or 50:1 no foul , no harm . I prefer other oils over it , that we both have utilized bw !
No can't be good oil, thy didn't get the the testing done, has to be garbage. I mean a reputable company made it, didn't feel like getting it rated so it could or could not be oil that may or may not protect your 2 stroke properly or unproperly. Oh please. Just because they didn't get the rating doesn't mean the oil is bad.

No can't be good oil, thy didn't get the the testing done, has to be garbage. I mean a reputable company made it, didn't feel like getting it rated so it could or could not be oil that may or may not protect your 2 stroke properly or unproperly. Oh please. Just because they didn't get the rating doesn't mean the oil is bad.
So , where did I say it was bad ? Roflmao !

Latest posts

Back