2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll try this question here first. Did any of the Disston military saws have an air filter on them? I ask because I picked up a KB7-b(which I should post pictures of) and there is O.D. paint under the orange on the air filter. Doesn't make any difference to me, I just would like to know.
Thanks

I guess I'll try this question here first. Did any of the Disston military saws have an air filter on them? I ask because I picked up a KB7-b(which I should post pictures of) and there is O.D. paint under the orange on the air filter. Doesn't make any difference to me, I just would like to know.
Thanks
The zinc chromate primer that was used under the orange is similar to OD green.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

The zinc chromate primer that was used under the orange is similar to OD green.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
Great, thanks. I wondered if that might be the case but I could not see it on anymore of that saw or my others.

I got another question. My one KB7-B has 75059 in the date box, what's that mean. I speculate but would like to know. On another note I just got my new KB7-B running. The previous owners were not sure how long it sat without running. It fired on 4 pulls and idles pretty good. We'll see if it will run when I try it after supper. Thanks all.

I picked up this KB7-B from the son of an old Homelite dealer. He took it in trade for a Homelite in the mid 60's and it sat untouched since then. I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned up the magneto and points and fired it up. It came with the original filter cleaning brush.

e932412145ebbba44d03094f39d92ab6.jpg
3e9e6de8d26af5332cc71bb02f098e06.jpg
8a4254755e81dad18eae5bfad4c0a565.jpg
84671330dd10bcdc6fccb314de276565.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I picked up this KB7-B from the son of an old Homelite dealer. He took it in trade for a Homelite in the mid 60's and it sat untouched since then. I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned up the magneto and points and fired it up. It came with the original filter cleaning brush.

e932412145ebbba44d03094f39d92ab6.jpg
3e9e6de8d26af5332cc71bb02f098e06.jpg
8a4254755e81dad18eae5bfad4c0a565.jpg
84671330dd10bcdc6fccb314de276565.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That thing is in sweet shape. My Great Grandfather's KB7-b is in that kind of shape. You scored a chipper chain too. Those things make impressive chips. These saws do have a fuel filter(element) in the tank. You have to remove the valve assembly on the bottom. If you don't have a manual there are KB7-b manuals on evil-bay and are very useful. The pictures in it are fun too. I bought a KB7-b and a KB7-AY this year and got both running after about 50 years of not running. Those old engines are incredible. Enjoy it and saw something.

Hi, has anyone got PD IEL super twin parts? Its so close to being a runner but just needs a few parts. It was saved from going in the scrap pile. At this stage i need a flywheel and starter assembly. Any help would be appreciated

Caleb

Back