20' dump trailer missing the solenoid for the hydraulics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softdown

There is only Ingsoc.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The previous owner used his skid steer to operate the hydraulics. He was disappointed with the performance of a smallish battery in operating the hydraulics - and gave up. Wasn't always the brightest bulb but that's another story. There is 13" x 13.5" room in the battery area. I can use two deep cycle 6 volt batteries if I can find the right solenoid.

The trailer was made by a defunct company called Texas Made Trailers - in 2016.

Right now I figure I may have to take it to a trailer shop who "knows the ropes".

Anybody know how to figure out the right solenoid? I know nothing about solenoids.

Watched a couple videos. Seems to be up and down coils that are missing. Might take a chance on replacing those but there are also male threads for hydraulic hoses - guessing 3/8". Those hoses are also missing.

The main hydraulic hoses appear about 3/4" and are intact. He operated the dump using those hoses with his skid steer. I don't have a skid steer yet. Plus I will need to operate without a skid steer at times.

Decided to swap out the entire hydraulics. The previous owner abused stuff pretty bad - no caps on the hydraulic hoses. Likely a LOT of debris in fluid tank. Likely a bad motor causing them to forfeit fixing it. Mophorn has decent ratings and few complaints. Though it looks the same as the Fister with lower ratings. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back