2021 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol well for a fib like that we may forgive you as long as we all get a fresh "BLT" ???.
hi ckr - soon to be getting started on that BLT... tomato in refer, mayo in refer, bread to toast, plenty leaf lettuce... and now bacon done, too! :)

cooked yesterday...
P1010007.JPG

I planted a few bean seeds out of a bag of "soup mix" in the house this winter. They grew and produced seed which are now growing in the greenhouse. Pintos, some kind of white bean, and another bean that's growing. The lima grew into a monster in the house, but alas my soil was wrong and went septic for some reason. The seeds it produced were probably not mature, as they haven't germinated yet. Oh well, for the most part the soup mix seeds are a success. It was an organic soup mix, which may have helped, idk?

We have some volunteer spinach and a yellow bean in the greenhouse. I am planning on taking a whole bunch of seed off this year, hopefully. The long season in the greenhouse should help with that. Volunteer parsnip from root in the greenhouse should produce seed this year.

dirt, air, water, sun, ... seeds .
The five genuine resources. governments/royals/evil, anti nature bastards around the world have taken the right to most of the genuine resources of life away from the people. Anti nature, anti God evil bastards.
really! out of the bean soup mix bag... lol. that's cool! :yes:

Yes, really. And they made seed in the house and those seeds are growing in the greenhouse. If the damn cutworms don't decimate the beans I will have some good seed to complement my others. The white beans show huge promise as a hardy variety.

as soon as the house beans were dry-ish in the pod I put them in the fridge.

Your solder plant looks like a cantalope to me! ----leaves are too round for cucumbers.
Yup, doesn't look like a cucumber...the suspense is killing me. Haha!
1622697140639.png

plant now has set 4 fruits... small, but oval... like in cantalopes! :yes:
:popcorn2:

would like to transplant it. but not sure would do well. root ball is low in the compost pile, wire grid on outside... plant came out the side.

tatoes hilled for the last time, cabbage growing, other stuff planted but not up yet.
Had a half inch downpour yesterday.
Strawberries bout done,---- made 38 quarts of jam and had 1 quart of berries left,(not enough for a full batch) so we bagged them and tossed it into the freezer.

Attachments

• DSCN0272.jpg
    DSCN0272.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN0274.jpg
    DSCN0274.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN0278.jpg
    DSCN0278.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 4
Its too big now to transplant now !--- I leave it where it is and water it good!
thanks! that is what i had decided. it has my blessing, but not a plant i usually put in garden. store is good enuff for me. besides, more apt to go for tomatoes... these saturday morning. i added some fertz to the cant. was a lil cubby hole in compost bin just above its root area... watering it often...
P1010019.JPG

P1010025.JPGP1010026.JPG

sometimes, what i plant just gets planted but not eaten. my spinach was like that past season. planned for salads at least. but nada. then it got old, warmed up n bolted. i encouraged one. it went to seeds. took the stalk and put into baggie. then worked it to get seeds out. prob will just plant the entire contents next fall. u can see all the round seeds inside.
P1010005.JPG

P1010024.JPG

i moved my cuke center into rows where 1015 onions were. stich in time, sort of thing. the all made the relocation move well. no casulties. and lots of flowers. waiting to get some cukes to set. i was watering it other day and noticed suddenly about a handful of honey bees working the flowers... :rock:

1623687929122.png

tatoes hilled for the last time, cabbage growing, other stuff planted but not up yet.
Had a half inch downpour yesterday.
Strawberries bout done,---- made 38 quarts of jam and had 1 quart of berries left,(not enough for a full batch) so we bagged them and tossed it into the freezer.
that's a lot of spuds! cabbage family plants look good... :rock:enjoyed seeing! :yes:

Latest posts

Back