2021 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin good guys! Keep up the good work!
We are still diggin spuds and makin peach jam!.
Also have squash, cucumbers, greenbeans, onions and cabbage ready for harvest. tomatoes are slow this year
Been runnin the freeze-dryer round the clock for a week now doing the onions.

Attachments

• DSCN0390.JPG
    DSCN0390.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0422.JPG
    DSCN0422.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0424.JPG
    DSCN0424.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
quite a home garden there! country setting perfect, imo! lots of corn... what do you do with all that produce? can it? sell it? give it away? or? sometimes i am overwhelmed a bit when several things come in all at once. we have a pantry full of tomatoes and cucumbers... and my 4 beam plot and kentucky poles are all flowering now...

The photos show ten rows of Obsession corn that are 50 ft. long. We cut off of the cob and froze 600 ears and gave the rest to friends. What we do when we have more than we can use is to give away the excess and the next year grow less. Great looking produce photos you've been posting!

I'm going to be picking our Rattlesnake pole beans for the first time today(We've been away f. Also the first time growing Rattlesnake pole beans.

Rattlesnake row 40 ft. long and 10 ft. tall. Jimmy Nardello peppers too.

Rattlesnake pole beans 7-26-2021.JPG

Rattlesnake pole beans 1 7-26-2021.JPG

Rattlesnake pole beans 2 7-26-2021.JPG

Jimmy Nardello peppers.

Jimmy Nardello peppers 7-26-2021.JPG

Onions:

Onions white 7-26-2021.JPG

Onions yellow 7-26-2021.JPG

The photos show ten rows of Obsession corn that are 50 ft. long. We cut off of the cob and froze 600 ears and gave the rest to friends. What we do when we have more than we can use is to give away the excess and the next year grow less. Great looking produce photos you've been posting!

I'm going to be picking our Rattlesnake pole beans for the first time today(We've been away f. Also the first time growing Rattlesnake pole beans.

Rattlesnake row 40 ft. long and 10 ft. tall. Jimmy Nardello peppers too.

View attachment 920549

View attachment 920550

View attachment 920551

Jimmy Nardello peppers.

View attachment 920553

Onions:

View attachment 920554

View attachment 920555
Thanks ~

x 10! lol your 40' = my 4'... but i am scaling down/back my home garden. big gardens are a thing of the past for me. your pix look to be right out of Joy of Gardening... maybe better! ;)

look fwd to see more. btw - thats a lot of ears of corn to put up... :)

Thanks ~

x 10! lol your 40' = my 4'... but i am scaling down/back my home garden. big gardens are a thing of the past for me. your pix look to be right out of Joy of Gardening... maybe better! ;)

look fwd to see more. btw - thats a lot of ears of corn to put up... :)

Thanks!

Things I'm doing that are not in 'The Joy of Gardening'.

I'm using a Meadow Creature broad fork to dig 14 inches deep in the row.

Drip irrigation.

My rows are marked with steel posts and are always in the same place.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks!

Things I'm doing that are not in 'The Joy of Gardening'.

I'm using a Meadow Creature broad fork to dig 14 inches deep in the row.

Drip irrigation.

My rows are marked with steel posts and are always in the same place.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
me, too! i can relate... things i am doing not in Joy of Gardening.... :muscle:

lol :laugh:

Haven’t posted in a while but the garden is doing good. My first time growing a hibiscus is turning out ok. And the peppers are doing good. Got some cross pollination though with the hot and sweet so it will be interesting to see. View attachment 922872View attachment 922873View attachment 922874View attachment 922875View attachment 922876

Looking good!

I believe that cross pollination will only effect the seeds and will not result in any taste or hotness differences.

If you plant those seeds next year then you will see the effects of the crossings.

Okra is in the same family as hibiscus and has the same flower.

Okra 9-1-2020 005.JPG

View attachment 922939First Jay’s peach ghost scorpion pepper to ripen. I don’t eat any super hot chili’s but I got a buddy at work who does. This one is all his!
me, neither! mild salsa and a jalpeno is about as hot as i take it. but... your hot chili's look... look... um, hot! :mad:

Latest posts

Back