2022 gardens

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think this will be the end of our garden work for 2022. I got everything tilled about a month ago, and dug the carrots a couple weeks ago. It was a good harvest, the carrots did very well in the raised bed.

20221113_143135.jpg

On that note, time to start thinking about 2023. Got my first seed catalog the other day!

20221130_122512.jpg

Well I think this will be the end of our garden work for 2022. I got everything tilled about a month ago, and dug the carrots a couple weeks ago. It was a good harvest, the carrots did very well in the raised bed.

View attachment 1036395

On that note, time to start thinking about 2023. Got my first seed catalog the other day!

View attachment 1036396
hi jgg - i was just thinking, i mite get my ... in gear today and plant some carrots! got a new soil plan i'd like to try. bit behind on some weeding. garden not happy with me. and me not happy with the weeds. but, i guess... it's not it's fault! weeds, ants and bugs... always something this time of the yer!
zzzzxpa.JPG

Zone 6b
IMG_20221213_153650933~2.jpg

First year having a thriving raised bed garden up into December. Mushroom compost and "grow mix".
Still anxiously watching the red cabbages grow I planted in Sept where the bell peppers and tomatillos had been. The rest of that bed was peppers and tomatoes. Now it's parsnips, green onions, mustard greens, various kales and spinach. And three collards I'm awful proud of that I consolidated into this bed and just knew I broke the tap root, but are still growing nicely anyways, and another mess will be had before long.
First freeze I covered it all and the plastic sheeting was touching my cauliflower and burnt it. I don't think it's gonna make it. Second freeze I left it all uncovered and it faired better. We'll play it by ear.
IMG_20221213_154552832.jpg
IMG_20221213_154842151.jpg

FB_IMG_1671140804469.jpg

Zone 6b
View attachment 1041001
First year having a thriving raised bed garden up into December. Mushroom compost and "grow mix".
Still anxiously watching the red cabbages grow I planted in Sept where the bell peppers and tomatillos had been. The rest of that bed was peppers and tomatoes. Now it's parsnips, green onions, mustard greens, various kales and spinach. And three collards I'm awful proud of that I consolidated into this bed and just knew I broke the tap root, but are still growing nicely anyways, and another mess will be had before long.
First freeze I covered it all and the plastic sheeting was touching my cauliflower and burnt it. I don't think it's gonna make it. Second freeze I left it all uncovered and it faired better. We'll play it by ear.
View attachment 1041003View attachment 1041004
View attachment 1041005
Looks good the only thing I have out there now is maybe some kale,cabbage and brussel sprouts.

Back