2095 support...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guys, I have a 2095 that was dropped off for a brake band replacement. 503 46 60 02 band is unobtainium ...and sources, options, alternatives and such ?
I thought a 395 band might work but was told that it will NOT.( too easy)
any advice and or ideas would be greatly appreciated for keeping this old girl running

I put a 395 band in mine... and it works. it's a little stiff releasing the brake but locks right up when brake is needed.

503 72 07-02​

well thats exactly NOT what the only former Jonsered dealer in my area told me. but thanks for the feedback. Guy used to be the best around and I think his son now has the business.

The OEM 395 band works in the 2094.
I do not have a 395 case to compare the 2094 band in, but do have an OEM Husqvarna 395 band in stock that I can compare to the 2094 band and record via photographs if you want.

Did your past Jonsered dealer give you some reasoning behind the argument? Or was it just a case of him knowing not a lot of parts interchange between the two cousins- so therefore the bands "must" differ?

The OEM 395 band works in the 2094.
I do not have a 395 case to compare the 2094 band in, but do have an OEM Husqvarna 395 band in stock that I can compare to the 2094 band and record via photographs if you want.

Did your past Jonsered dealer give you some reasoning behind the argument? Or was it just a case of him knowing not a lot of parts interchange between the two cousins- so therefore the bands "must" differ?
I assume more of the latter then former. Just was very adamant about not being interchangeable. The Husky dealer was much more open to trying to see if it would work.
i did attempt to swap a 395 clutch cover with a 2095 and that was a clear no go. Bar studs do not match up ( 395 is wider)

I assume more of the latter then former. Just was very adamant about not being interchangeable. The Husky dealer was much more open to trying to see if it would work.
i did attempt to swap a 395 clutch cover with a 2095 and that was a clear no go. Bar studs do not match up ( 395 is wider)
That is correct, stud pattern is different and a LOT of parts DO NOT interchange between the two- but a few do and most of those reside under the clutch cover.
If you have all the parts for a 2095 cover except the broken/worn out/missing band- go buy a 395 band and try it out. If it works (which it should) you are good to go, if it doesn't then you are only out a few dollars and there are plenty of 395 owners out there that will buy the part from you if it cannot be returned.

Now I am not sure, but maybe the old Jonsered dealer was getting confused around the brake actuating arm the flags bolt to- they ARE different between the Jonsered and Husqvarna models- more to do with the position and shape of the front handles and the clearance differences between the Jonsered square handle and the Husqvarna angled handle- could be, he stocked/sold bands with the actuating lever attached?

That is correct, stud pattern is different and a LOT of parts DO NOT interchange between the two- but a few do and most of those reside under the clutch cover.
If you have all the parts for a 2095 cover except the broken/worn out/missing band- go buy a 395 band and try it out. If it works (which it should) you are good to go, if it doesn't then you are only out a few dollars and there are plenty of 395 owners out there that will buy the part from you if it cannot be returned.

Now I am not sure, but maybe the old Jonsered dealer was getting confused around the brake actuating arm the flags bolt to- they ARE different between the Jonsered and Husqvarna models- more to do with the position and shape of the front handles and the clearance differences between the Jonsered square handle and the Husqvarna angled handle- could be, he stocked/sold bands with the actuating lever attached?
makes sense to me as well. The Johnny red dealer had exactly ONE band left. Charged us $30 so I sent the kid to retrieve it. I also sent him to pick up a 395 band from our local Husky dealer and will match part for part because we now can. At least we have this post for future search support.

Anyone that owns an old obsolete parts no longer available 2094 or 2095 with a broken brake band! :laugh:
That sir, was me. About 6 months ago.
Still looking for an air box cover which i don't have and a cylinder cover, which i have but is beat up and tore.

Attachments

• IMG_9393.JPG
    IMG_9393.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 10
395 band works and isnt split leaving more area to wear. Hence why alot of 2095 bands are worn out. If you must have 2095 bands pm me

395 band works and isnt split leaving more area to wear. Hence why alot of 2095 bands are worn out. If you must have 2095 bands pm me
I appreciate the offer. I have a proper 2095 now and waiting for the 395 option. Was really hoping to help others down the line if they were to get bad info like I did

Latest posts

Back