2100 crankshaft threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
well I took a chance on a parts 2100 saw. I stripped the saw almost down and found the nut on the flywheel side of the crank not on all the way when bubba took a big hammer and tried to pop the flywheel to pull the ignition. Well the husky factory puller got the flywheel off with the ignition. I ordered a 10 mm -1 threading did to clean up the threads on the crank. I found these treads to be hardened. I may have to use a thread file but the die does go on all the way. My point is to suggest to everyone to use a anti seeze on the crank threads.

My biggest part of my tools is for doing thread repair. I have everything imperial and metric.

I just thought of a problem with the husky threads on the flywheel side of the crank. The 10 mm -1 die might be tighter because the threads are a higher % of threads. The die didn’t cut the threads but it cleaned them up sovthe nut just goes on snug. The washer that goes with this nut is a spring washer. Just food for thought.

Bubba didn’t help by trying to remove the flywheel with a hammer.

Back