24 hour burn in the new Woodstock Ideal Steel stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The long burn time is a huge plus regardless of the inside temp of the house as long as it stays above freezing.
The beauty of the long burn is that you can be away from the house for a whole day and come back to a bed of coals.
John

Amen! As someone with a tiny insert with a burn time I assume a lot of people on this site could achieve by burning Lincoln Logs I would love a long burn time. I've gone through 2-3 boxes of Fatwood, a basket of some homemade pine cone/candle/cupcake wrapper fire starters, and 3-4 boxes of those giant match like cheap starters. There's no way I can get an overnight burn.

Amen! As someone with a tiny insert with a burn time I assume a lot of people on this site could achieve by burning Lincoln Logs I would love a long burn time. I've gone through 2-3 boxes of Fatwood, a basket of some homemade pine cone/candle/cupcake wrapper fire starters, and 3-4 boxes of those giant match like cheap starters. There's no way I can get an overnight burn.
How is your gasket?
Here's mine, now I get at least a 10 hr. burn. It's a 5/8" gasket, but may try a 3/4"image.jpg

Hey Brian! Any updates on performance? Average burn times, fuel used, temps, etc.?

To be completely honest, I'm posting about my experiences with this stove at another firewood forum. There's just too much pathological behavior going on here to have a rational, reasonable discussion.

To be completely honest, I'm posting about my experiences with this stove at another firewood forum. There's just too much pathological behavior going on here to have a rational, reasonable discussion.

Just shake it off sir. From what I've seen it's just a select few that really need to be ignored on this site. Just click on ignore and drive on.

Thanks, it was a fun build:
View attachment 403276

Yep, there it is. I'm going to use that and the other pics as a blueprint. I'm thinking black stones with a all white IS. Should look awesome. Which reminds me I need to send in my deposit before the price goes up.

Agreed; with all Ambull01 said (especially the shake it off). Guess I'll have to find the 'other site' as I'm interested in Brian's findings.
...on it like stink on feces...

Back