• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 254xp nos top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortfuze82

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Nos kolben cylinder and Mahle piston
Virgin parts never installed complete kit pm for asking price

Attachments

• 9BDDDD74-75BB-4D10-9399-A9C66F8D1C14.jpeg
    9BDDDD74-75BB-4D10-9399-A9C66F8D1C14.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 5E6C19B1-0C51-4B61-9161-F2BB07FFE5B3.jpeg
    5E6C19B1-0C51-4B61-9161-F2BB07FFE5B3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 3F7C58DF-9E61-40EC-B076-841266EF00E2.jpeg
    3F7C58DF-9E61-40EC-B076-841266EF00E2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • D487FE56-BDF6-4953-BC97-21A4C5F5A936.jpeg
    D487FE56-BDF6-4953-BC97-21A4C5F5A936.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • D6A73995-1E8D-4765-BD56-CBD7C648A95F.jpeg
    D6A73995-1E8D-4765-BD56-CBD7C648A95F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
I guess you thought it was OK to ship this in a bubble mailer, but that wasn't the worst. The piston came out of the cylinder, because the piston wasn't installed in the cylinder with the ring on it. It just proceeded to bash itself all over the place which put a bunch of nice dents and scratches all over the piston. Now it looks like hammered ****. The top edge of the piston has all these little dents. I can not believe there are no broken fins. Not to mention the bore of the cylinder has a million small dots all over it and doesn't look like a nice cross hatch. Compared to the other cylinder kit that I just bought it is rough inside and they look nothing alike. I can only see it as being one thing and it looks just like oxidation/corrosion, but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing that little piece of paper that was in the bag was probably stuffed in the cylinder to hold the piston in but it didn't work. Maybe you got pissed because I said I don't pay F&F, but this a perfect example of why I choose not to pay with F&F and never will again. You can see the fins sliced the bag all over, but magically didn't tear its way out. I'm fairly certain this piston is junk.

20210208_170006.jpg20210208_170017.jpg20210208_170041.jpg20210208_170111.jpg20210208_170123.jpg

It's also a Kolbenschimdt cylinder marked A on the top and the piston is a Mahle marked AB. I'd imagine they're compatible, but i'm not certain.

My other cylinder kit is a Mahle AB marked cylinder with an AB piston.

Attachments

• 20210208_172924.jpg
    20210208_172924.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210208_172912.jpg
    20210208_172912.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 9
If that oxidation or whatever it is didn't compromise the integrity of the cylinder i'll probably keep it, i'm not sure if a rehone would be recommended, but I can't see it as being normal. I've bought six oem cylinder kits and none of them looked like this inside. I honestly don't know if I could smooth over the dented piston and use it or if it would be stupid to try. I'll decide soon if i'm going to send it back, thank you.

You can a huge variety of different priority boxes, mailers and bubble mailers free from USPS.com. You just have to set up an account.

1612919600482.png
Yours was one of three piston cylinders I shipped out that trip all in same bubble mailer all packaged same identical way, guess this buyer just got lucky? I’m waiting to hear from the third an final buyer to see how his transaction plays out , I try to package my parts to the best of my ability while keeping shipping costs as cheap for the buyer as possible

Yes, actually they did get lucky if that's even real. I don't know anyone who would ship a cylinder to someone without payment?

It would've made a big difference if the piston ring wasn't just sitting in the bag instead of where it should be holding the piston in the cylinder. You'd think it's common sense that the fins are pretty sharp and they could tear a plastic bubble mailer open, not only that they could get broken easily. What you posted doesn't change anything or have anything to do with what happened in my case. You could've shipped it in a small box for the same price.

I sold 13k worth of parts on ebay last year and had not one issue/return, except for USPS losing a couple packages, must've been luck. I honestly don't know why I was considering keeping it, but i'm not.

No need for aggression , I was merely showing you were one of 3 cylinder assembly’s shipped in same packaging same way with piston crown down and ring in afterwards retaining the piston from moving. Backed by the newspaper balled up an stuffed in bore

No need for aggression, but there was a need for sarcasm apparently?

All you have to do is accept the return through paypal and i'll upload tracking tonight and send it out in the morning. I'm not sending anything back without it being documented. I don't care to read through your post history to see if you're telling the truth or not.

Give it a break. Shortfuze82 offered a refund immediately. You're the one escalating things and being aggressive.

Send him the parts back, get your refund, and move on. Crap happens.

{The white knight poster arrived}: "I shall defend thine honor", "omg, he's so aggressive, isn't he being aggressive"

Since you told me to give it a break when it was clearly settled, and there was literally no reason whatsoever for you to post that reply at all. Guy's clearly a retard if he thinks a bubble mailer is sufficient to ship a rare cylinder kit and that stuffing a piece of paper inside of the hole is good enough to hold a piston in. The cylinder barely fit inside the mailer. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

So here we go boys , this all started last week when he recieved a cylinder kit that got damaged in shipping totally out of my control, packaged the same exact way two other cylinders were shipped same way an both arived intact unscathed . From the pictures this guy sent there was clearly damage to parts that was not there when parts were packaged... ok I nicely ask him to return the dsmaged parts....
He then starts this public thread for all to see ( which is actually good ) so I an all have documented PROFFESSIONAL what goes on next....

he drags his feet because I assume he knows these 254 nos cylinders are rare sn he doesn’t want to let it go for the 150 something dollars he spent on it. Ok....

But next after a few not so pleasant words come out of his mouth towards me as can be seen above.... I got a wee bit perturbed as did he : he then lashes out an starts spouting off about how he’s going to file a PayPal claim for the money back . Ok... fine by me again I can’t control how post office handles product after it leaves my hands. Sorry your parts got damaged no one else’s did that same day.
He issued a PayPal claim very slyly worded that he gets full refund without a return! No no no if he wants a full refund it gets set up with return tracking on contingency that once the tracking shows package has been delivered PayPal issues the return.....

So the return claim was placed by HIM with all kinds of picture proof an he issued tracking shows slip was printed. I patiently wait a week and yet see nothing in the mail back from him!
So I contact him last night after checking tracking info which clearly shows the package was never taken to post office! At this point as anyone would be I’m pissed! I just want this issue resolved and over with ! To my surprise this is his responces to where is my **** buddy after the big hissy fit he had above how it was damaged beyond usable recognition it now appears he’s buying a piston to replace the one I sent that got damaged in shipping to again make this rare kit complete so he can re sell it!
Yet at no time am I informed about what is going on OR is the PayPal claim voided !

Here is what was said on his part after I asked where my damaged parts are at after a week , after being told they would be back in two days:

Attachments

• 545443A6-B08F-4664-8277-1DA713C3A56F.jpeg
    545443A6-B08F-4664-8277-1DA713C3A56F.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back