266se Big Bore build. Wrong crankshaft. Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimbu

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I'm doing a full rebuild on my 266SE with the two piece ignition, and decided to go with the best parts I could source:
Meteor 52mm nikasil cylinder/piston kit.
Ceramic crankshaft bearings
Tccomec Italian made crankshaft for fine thread clutch

The new crank showed up yesterday, and as expected my fine thread clutch fits nicely. My flywheel does not.
The original crank has the woodruf keyway with a shallow taper and large nut. The replacement has a smaller keyway, steeper taper, smaller nut, and the keyway timing is approx 90deg different.

What to do now?

I have read that a 272 flywheel can be used, but I don't think any 272s had the two piece ignition, so i assume that flywheel won't work with my two piece ignition. Or will it?

The PN on my original flywheel is 501-51-69 80

The Tecomec crank PN is 590165

Any bright ideas to make the Tecomec crank work, or should I start looking for a good used identical crank?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks fellas. Crisis averted. I managed to source the correct crank PN: 501528402 instead of the 5036113371.

Now I'm looking for a nice 266 top cover. Any chance you have one that you'd be willing to sell there Gord404?

They definitely had a dual coil saw with the fine thread clutch, I have a couple, BUT, it used the same old flywheel. the smaller taper is for a single coil saw. The top cover pattern also is based on single vs dual coil.

Yup. That's what I have. Two piece ignition, fine thread clutch, shallow taper with woodruf keyway for the flywheel with the keyed steel center bushing. The correct crankshaft for this configuration is PN: 501528402, just for the record.

I presume you are referring to windowed pistons? In that case, I don't have any experience comparing different pistons yet. The oem piston I'm replacing and the meteor piston I will be putting in are both windowed. I went with the meteor piston/cyl. as they seem to have a good reputation, unlike the mixed reviews on the $60 Chinese kits.

Isn’t there a air filter upgrade for the 266/268? Or does the 268 top cover fit.

Back