266XP Full Wrap Handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilakuli

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
since the full wrap handle for the Husky 266XP is virtually impossible to obtain anymore (especially here in Germany) and with nobody making an aftermarket one:

Has anyone found a good alternative (maybe modifying one from a different saw to fit)? I really want a full wrap handle on my 266XP (soon to be ported 272XP).

Other than being able to cut from the other side of a tree? Personally I want to customize my saw a bit and think it’s a good look without being tacky.

School me what are the advantages of the full wrap handles other than taking up more space?
Kash
Being able to do your undercut and your backcut from one side of the tree more easily by always using the underside of your bar.

School me what are the advantages of the full wrap handles other than taking up more space?
Kash
Protection, I've dropped a saw from up in a tree ,had them snatched from me by a limb or a hollow oak doing a ballerina dance!
The full wrap handle will absorb a lot more punishment than the half wrap, its cheaper to replace then the saw.
Convenient hanging storage, anti roll over device, lol .
Really the convenience of cutting for felling is nice, and the extra protection are my reasons.

The full wrap handles let a guy stump with the motor down. Cutting under the lean will get you or your saw smashed a t some point.

It’s dangerous walking around the tree with it knotched. A full wrap handle you can back cut from one side knotch too. No barber chain danger.

Note, felling, fill the fuel mix and bar oil up. Sharpen the chain make sure the saw is running good now your ready to cut.

Do you fell trees, do you work on steep hill sides bucking wood. Do you walk trees limbing. If you do much of this kinda work full and 3/4 wraps come on New or newer saws.

I might have one more to spare. I'm likely liquidating my 266 stash, as it stands.
Thanks for the reply. Photo? Cost?
Might you be selling a 266 with a wrap around handle? I’m in Canada right near Ogdensberg NY
Do you fell trees, do you work on steep hill sides bucking wood. Do you walk trees limbing. If you do much of this kinda work full and 3/4 wraps come on New or newer saws.
That is true.

Latest posts

Back