• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 272xp carb!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a 272xp carb new or used.. the one I have has been rebuilt but I believe there to be leak around the fuel supply nipple into the carb. No Chinese or aftermarket carbs. This saw deserves betteršŸ˜ƒ.

Also I have been able to get this screw out but it's location is tricky... Is there an easier way to remove the lower carb screw on the 272? View attachment 935302
I saw a 181 where someone cut/ground a notch out of the case so they could access the screw better. Aside from that or getting a set of ball-tipped hex keys I dunno any good way to remove that.

I made a tool by cutting some length off a regular Allen wrench to make it fit in there. Still a slow process, but the wrench fits in there nicely and fully engages the head of the bolt so you don't bugger it up. I now keep that cut-off wrench for that specific job.

I would need to look up the invoice for the new 272XP Walbro I have. I know It was under $100.
AM carbs work fine sometimes. My experience says I get a really good one about one out of three times.
If somebody needs the Walbro I'll let it go for what I paid plus shipping.

If you don't want to invest in a ball end allan key, you could just drill a hole in the case in line with the lower left carb screw. Those ball allan keys are pretty pricey, haha.

I would need to look up the invoice for the new 272XP Walbro I have. I know It was under $100.
AM carbs work fine sometimes. My experience says I get a really good one about one out of three times.
If somebody needs the Walbro I'll let it go for what I paid plus shipping.
Fact, I was an auto mechanic and repairing cars for others on weekends. At the time I went to carburetor 101 school before fuel injection. I knew carbs inside out. I had a customer who wanted a already rebuilt carb. I purchased one from a auto supplier. It leaked the float level was off. The customer said not to touch it. I got three carbs and they all leaked. My buddy was there and I told him to take the customer for coffee. I opened up the carb adjusted the float, by the time the customer came back it was running. Your three time rule is ok.

Back