28 inch bar on 455 rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PILTZ......... 8 sold???????? E-BAY

PILTZ Conversion Stihl MS250 CHAINSAW HOT SAW Full Chisel 3/8 Chain 28 inch
Condition:
NewNew

Quantity:
6 available / 8 sold

Price:
US $647.77

$28 for 24 months with PayPal Credit*$28 for 24 months. Minimum purchase required.
Buy It Now
Add to cart
Add to Watchlist

2-year protection plan from SquareTrade - $31.99
30-day returns
Ships from United States
75 watchers
Shipping:
US $77.94 Economy Shipping | See detailsfor shipping
Located in: Portland, Oregon, United States
Delivery:
Estimated between Sat, Jun 18 and Tue, Jun 21 to 84118

Returns:
30 days returns | Buyer pays for return shipping | See details- for more information about returns

Payments:
Condition:
NewNew

Quantity:
6 available / 8 sold

Price:
US $647.77

$28 for 24 months with PayPal Credi
Dayam, I’m in the wrong business , lol

28 inch bar on the 455? For rotten balsa wood maybe. Don't try to bury it in hardwood, an 18 inch bar is the most to use in that case, 20 for softer wood. Used a friend's 455, barely faster than a 55, and quite a bit heavier. They are a reliable firewood saw, just don't expect too much from them and you won't be disappointed.

The funniest thread I've seen on AS, well done all
+1 to that :)

This thread reminds me of being in first school (6 years old) and one kid telling us his dad brings him to school in a helicopter but we can't see it because it also goes invisible!

Now, where's that 'thread of the year' entry form, I think we have a winner.

That's not the point of my post at all. The point of my post is to prove that you can run a 28 inch bar on the 455. It's a big bar but it's is just fine for general cutting. Not hard to find and reasonably priced.
I put a 28in bar on my Jonesered 2255 "same saw" and with some muffler work it does fine with both FHFC and STFC chains and I love the balance of the bar. It put my balance right at the top handle plus like Buckin says. STAND UP AND BUCK. Better know to keep your chain sharp.

Yeah I imagine a 455 could run a 28 inch bar but it's probably gonna be a bit slower more like an older saw say an xl12 at least those saws made good low end torque not much for a high rpm saw like today. I would bet that the old saw would hold 6krpms in a cut and say a newer saw if it dropped that low it would stall in the cut.

Latest posts

Back