Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberdonkey_059

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody running the Husky Large mount 28" - 3/8 - .050 TsuMura bar with Oregon EXJ chain? My current 28" bars take 93 drive links and the TsuMura is listed at 92? Just want to make sure I order the correct loop to match the bar im ordering and the 92 drivers threw me off a bit...

Easier to shorten a chain then lengthen it. I'd get the 93. If it is to long a dealer can remove a driver very simply. My dealer would do it no charge, or minimal charge.

And best case your tensioner might take up the slack. Get the longer chain.

As I have learned here on the site and by experience the bar determines the length of chain needed not the saw. And it can vary from one manufacturer to the next. Some of the OEM husky bars take fewer links then the Oregon replacement bars.

I'd order the specified link count for the bar. If it's wrong then your supplier should be obligated to remedy it, if you ordered something different then I'd suspect you'll be on your own.
It'll probably be slightly shorter than your current bars but you'll probably find your longer chains still work with the tensioner wound out a bit (Huskys have a fair bit more travel than Stihl)

92 or 93, it doesn't matter with a Husky. Im running a 28" tsumara on my 390 and I was concerned as well when I bought a chain for it. All my pro shop had was 93 so I went with it and have been running them ever since.

Back