288xp Muffler Bolt Size/Pitch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Campin' Cutter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the size and pitch of the muffler bolts for a 288xp? I picked up a 288xp a couple weeks ago, used it for the first time and a few minutes in I realized both muffler bolts had vibrated out šŸ˜©. I have new bolts in hand, but don't have my pitch gauge with me to check them. The reason I ask is I might have to helicoil the holes if they are damaged, and I want to know if I have the right size on hand. My saw is over at my girlfriends house at the moment (was cutting firewood for her) and I can't check to see if the threads in the hole are damaged until tomorrow. Anyway, figured I'd ask if anyone knows the size/pitch of 288 muffler bolts so I can either bring my helicoils with me or pick up the right size if I need to. Trying to avoid having to drive to her house and check the saw when I can just be prepared and bring everything with me at once. Thanks!

Of course as soon as I posted this I found a thread on another site that says they are m6-1.0x90mm. If anyone can confirm that that'd be great, but visually that looks to be about right.

Back