3/8LP vs 325 follow-up questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw trash, that is what I suggested to the board as well problem is the association does not have power in the common areas and some homeowner would have charge the batteries for the landscape crew

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm on acreage and seldom working anywhere near mains power. I have an el cheapo inverter which runs off a 12 volt vehicle battery and allows an ordinary 240 volt AC charger (that's our mains power here in Oz) to keep a spare battery fully charged at the ready.

Why not use a semi chisel chain in a full skip tooth when cutting into the unknown? They last longer when tilling with chainsaws, I have one worker who constantly ruins chains in dirt. He kills me. I was buying Oregon chains at $5 a loop but making less profits cutting rocks into pea gravel lol.

For cutting down smallish shrubs at ground level with rocks close by I use a battery powered reciprocating saw. Carbide tipped blades are available too.
+1. Also for roots in dirt. They make special pruning blades for recip saws, but I just use cheap, coarse tooth, wood blades for the dirt work. $1 - $3 each.

Philbert

Back