3120XP Chain Tensioner Issue w/ New Cannon Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandLife

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have an issue with my 3120XP. I'm trying to mount my new 42" bar. I had a 60" on it but am about to mill some smaller logs and want to size down. I have an issue with the pall for the chain tensioner on the cover plate not mating up with the hole in the bar. The chain is on correctly and the proper rim spocket is also on. The tensioner is backed all the way off and the bar is pulled forward as far as it will go, but there is still about a quarter inch discrepancy between the pall and the hole in the bar. I had the same issue when I installed my 60" bar. I had to get my buddy to pull on the bar as hard as possible while I fitted the cover plate on. Has anyone had this issue, or know of a way around it? Once the chain ran for a bit and settled in, it fits normally. I'm tempted to file out the recess for the pall on the cover plate, but wanted to consult the pros first. I'm on my own and cant pull the bar and fit the cover plate on at the same time. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back