32:1 mix for our older saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Castrol 2T Active is more than sufficient for your needs . P.S. Castrol Power 1 RS 2T is a premium synthetic 2 Cycle oil . Not available in my area locally . However very pricy online !
That's the one I'm talking about :

87064221-8DBC-48C0-ABD4-EC32548DE60D.jpeg
D064444B-F533-44B4-8458-1DB16A6EADB8.jpeg

It costs 12€ per liter ( I get it for 10€ per liter ,dealer is a nice guy and always makes this 2€ per bottle discount ,at least to me he does ...)

Btw,regarding Amsoil Saber ( 20€ per liter local price ) ,while it states that it contains 1 US quart ( which is 946 ml ) ,clearly it contains at least more 54 ml ,cause it's at least a liter of oil .

8C7E0962-7E03-4166-B143-275B37CA4098.jpeg

And these little jars are used for measuring the 2T oil .
772A6B21-9E18-4353-9132-3A75AC78C12A.jpeg

Around $40 for 1L here. I don’t see any practical advantages for saws.
I can only compare it with Amsoil Saber .

I m using Amsoil Saber at 40:1 ( 25 ml per liter of gasoline ) ,
while the Castrol Power 1 Racing is mixed at 33.33 : 1 ( 30 ml per liter of gasoline ).

When using Castrol ,I do have noticed a quicker throttle response and acceleration ,while it clearly has far superior engine cleansing abilities than the Amsoil Saber.Piston skirt and crown as well as exhaust port ,never have been so clean and shiny ,after using the Castrol.

Amsoil Saber is much more viscous ( I use it mainly during summertime ) and does have a fuel stabilizer .I do not get any carbon deposits from it ,but does not have that strong detergent abilities like the Castrol Pwr1 Racing.But for sure it leaves a lot of blue oily " residue "at piston skirt ( viewed from exhaust port ) as also in the lower part of engine
( viewed from intake port ) at 40:1 ratio.

Around $40 for 1L here. I don’t see any practical advantages for saws.
That's USD almost $53 CDN. Useful perhaps in Dirt bikes !
I can only compare it with Amsoil Saber .

I m using Amsoil Saber at 40:1 ( 25 ml per liter of gasoline ) ,
while the Castrol Power 1 Racing is mixed at 33.33 : 1 ( 30 ml per liter of gasoline ).

When using Castrol ,I do have noticed a quicker throttle response and acceleration ,while it clearly has far superior engine cleansing abilities than the Amsoil Saber.Piston skirt and crown as well as exhaust port ,never have been so clean and shiny ,after using the Castrol.

Amsoil Saber is much more viscous ( I use it mainly during summertime ) and does have a fuel stabilizer .I do not get any carbon deposits from it ,but does not have that strong detergent abilities like the Castrol Pwr1 Racing.But for sure it leaves a lot of blue oily " residue "at piston skirt ( viewed from exhaust port ) as also in the lower part of engine
( viewed from intake port ) at 40:1 ratio.
Also good puddling within the crankcase at 40:1 also , not near as much as Red Armor though !

That's the one I'm talking about :

View attachment 1091956
View attachment 1091957

It costs 12€ per liter ( I get it for 10€ per liter ,dealer is a nice guy and always makes this 2€ per bottle discount ,at least to me he does ...)

Btw,regarding Amsoil Saber ( 20€ per liter local price ) ,while it states that it contains 1 US quart ( which is 946 ml ) ,clearly it contains at least more 54 ml ,cause it's at least a liter of oil .

View attachment 1091960

And these little jars are used for measuring the 2T oil .
View attachment 1091961
yeah as I said 2T (Cycle oil) not 4 Cycle if it was $12 a litre here like Sa is I might experiment with it lol .

Red Armor 2T oil by Echo /Sindaiwa is not available in EU .
Most probably Red Armor is made in the US ,by a contractor for Echo/Sindaiwa .
In EU Echo/Sindaiwa is selling two different 2T oils ,
called Power Blend Gold and Power Blend X and neither of them is a repackaged Red Armor .

Here,the premium 2T oil from
Castrol is Power One A747
which sells for 30€ per liter .
It is semi-synthetic veggie 2T oil
( synthetic base + castor oil ) and is best suited for circuit use .
Maybe for old tech chainsaws also ?

D38E0A41-FF58-4109-801A-AA067BD19F30.jpeg
https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/...80257C7100030D0E/$File/A747_450439_200903.pdf
BTW ,Stihl HP Ultra 2T oil
( made also by Castrol ) ,a JASO -FB oil with lots of carbon residue and operator headaches,recently had it's price increased to 35€ per liter !
Someone has to inform the guys at Stihl ,that you either can fool lots of people for a short time or few people for longer time.
But surely ,can't fool lots of people for long time.
:mad:

HP Platinum?

Here we get only HP, HP Plus and HP Ultra
HP Ultra it is ,my mistake .

Meanwhile ,forgot to mention that there's another premium fully synthetic 2T oil from Castrol ,
named Power One XR77 and it is also intended for circuit use .
Costs about 25-30€ per liter.
1C81F915-9ADE-44B4-A501-336C8D99DCCC.jpeg

https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/...D67BDE080258144004C9ABD/$File/BPXE-ANKBU4.pdf
But it leaves lots of deposits ( on purpose,for fine engine tuning ) and that's a no-no for my chainsaws.Plus,it does not have a color.It's just a clear liquid and that makes it hard to distinguish if the gasoline has oil in it or if it's just straight.

Red Armor 2T oil by Echo /Sindaiwa is not available in EU .
Most probably Red Armor is made in the US ,by a contractor for Echo/Sindaiwa .
In EU Echo/Sindaiwa is selling two different 2T oils ,
called Power Blend Gold and Power Blend X and neither of them is a repackaged Red Armor .

Here,the premium 2T oil from
Castrol is Power One A747
which sells for 30€ per liter .
It is semi-synthetic veggie 2T oil
( synthetic base + castor oil ) and is best suited for circuit use .
Maybe for old tech chainsaws also ?

View attachment 1091977
https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/...80257C7100030D0E/$File/A747_450439_200903.pdf
BTW ,Stihl HP Ultra 2T oil
( made also by Castrol ) ,a JASO -FB oil with lots of carbon residue and operator headaches,recently had it's price increased to 35€ per liter !
Someone has to inform the guys at Stihl ,that you either can fool lots of people for a short time or few people for longer time.
But surely ,can't fool lots of people for long time.
:mad:
No on castors old school oil technology !

So ,should I keep the current
( 33.33 : 1 or 30 ml /lt ) with Castrol Power 1 Racing or I can fearlessly decrease oil content to
40:1 (or 25ml/lt ) ?

Note: All my equipment used on my land and my job are Stihl 2-mix (stratified) engines ,
if that plays any role .
Chainsaws ( MS180 ) are muffler modded to 100%-110% of exhaust port surface @cyl.wall and still have the stock carb with one size larger ( replaced ) main jet ,metering lever set to max and their Intelicarb thing canceled/ bypassed
(outputting around 2.5 Hp / 1.8kW ) .They run just a bit to the rich side ( at 250 meters above sea level ) .

Brushcutters ( FS 260 C-E and FS 561 C-EM ) are left stock .
I know this thread is meant for older tools,but I'm asking if the "post old school" 32:1 ( or close ) ratio is also recommended for modern strato engine equipment or being an overkill .

...Real old school ratios are the ones that go 25:1 or even 16:1 ...
Which I think ,considering the
modern times CNC low machining tolerances and far better oil chemistry ,have become obsolete.
....Right ?
(And that's another question there !)

...I know,they are just cheap toys ,the MS180.
But they can be also workhorses ,although slow,they get the job done ( ...eventually ) .
I just want for them to have ...a good life .Short ,but a good one .

So ,should I keep the current
( 33.33 : 1 or 30 ml /lt ) with Castrol Power 1 Racing or I can fearlessly decrease oil content to
40:1 (or 25ml/lt ) ?

Note: All my equipment used on my land and my job are Stihl 2-mix (stratified) engines ,
if that plays any role .
Chainsaws ( MS180 ) are muffler modded to 100%-110% of exhaust port surface @cyl.wall and still have the stock carb with one size larger ( replaced ) main jet ,metering lever set to max and their Intelicarb thing canceled/ bypassed
(outputting around 2.5 Hp / 1.8kW ) .They run just a bit to the rich side ( at 250 meters above sea level ) .

Brushcutters ( FS 260 C-E and FS 561 C-EM ) are left stock .
I know this thread is meant for older tools,but I'm asking if the "post old school" 32:1 ( or close ) ratio is also recommended for modern strato engine equipment .

...Real old school ratios are the ones that go 25:1 or even 16:1 ...
Which I think ,considering the
modern times CNC low machining tolerances and far better oil chemistry ,have become obsolete.
....Right ?
(And that's another question there !)
40:1 with todays FC & FD quality oils is fine . If you're milling 32:1 would be more appropriate . Your saws & cutters are not vintage , so why mix vintage ratio's or oils !

@KostasVolos
Uleiul de ricin provoacă tulburări intestinale.
- Avioanele militare de la începutul funcționării cu ulei de ricin. Piloții lor, când au aterizat, au făcut prima călătorie la latrină... -
Echo Power Blend se gaste in UE.
De asemenea, BelRay Si7, care este creditat către Jaso FD și este complet sintetic.
Am folosit semisintetic Husqvarna LS+ si nu este problematic.
Acum vreau Echo Powerblend X la litru, este semi-sintetic și are un stabilizator în el - probabil de acolo vine tonul de albastru.

Latest posts

Back