362CM Diagnosis help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasinvancouver

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 362cm.

Not used hard or a lot.

Always non-ethanol or motomix.

Air filter kept clean.

It died again today. No spark.

The coil was replaced a couple years ago under warranty by the dealer I purchased it from.

It died a month ago. No spark. I replaced the coil and spaced it using a playing card. Saw ran fine.

It died again today. No spark. No damage to the coil.

Is this a known problem? Did I get a bum coil? Is there something else going on? Something I should replace at the same time?

I’m presently in California for work this summer. Original dealer is Madsen’s in Washington. There is a dearth of legit “saw shops” in my area. I need this saw for work. Like an idiot, I left the 462 at home. I almost bought a Husqvarna at the end of the day.

I would be very appreciative of any input. When I bought the coil, I bought an extra thinking it would end up being a waste of money and the saw would never break again. I just need to figure out o
If there’s a contributing factor that needs to be corrected.

I’m interested in what folks here have to say. I bought my first Stihl a few months ago and all my friends who Like me, run husqvarna saws said “better stock up on coils”. So far so good but I didn’t really understand what they meant.

Could be wiring harness has a short in it. Replaced the odd module on ms261. Not 362s that I can remember

Update:

I picked up the work 362cm and went back to clearing the road today. My saw started yesterday evening, but I’m not sold on trusting it, thus the extra saw.

My saw ran fine today. Until it did the same thing. I switched the bar over to the work saw and it ran fine. Until it also did the same thing.

Do the 362s get heat soaked and fail to start? It seems like that’s what’s been happening. I’ve been letting them idle and cool down after cutting. We’ll see if that helps.

My personal saw started up immediately after it sat for a while. Which is why I think it’s the heat. I was bucking a 32” pine into pieces small enough to move by hand.

Saw ran great today. I didn’t use the work saw. I made sure to let it idle after cutting to cool down. No issues at all except the 3ft cedar across the road in a steep side slope.

Back