365 to 372 conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven’t made a mod to this saw yet, love it stock but I’m a tinkerer and tend to not leave many things in stock form, besides my 572, all I’ve done to that is remove the spark arrestor and that’ll prob be the only “mod” it sees, but I think im gonna convert the saw over to a 50mm Meteor piston and cylinder with no base gasket, along with the HD filter and adapter, as well as the high top cover, this may start a debate in itself, should I leave it a low top or convert to high top?

I have a nylon filter/low top on my 394xp also , haven't noticed any fines getting through ?
We dont have much of a winter here.
Where I use to live we had 5 months of snow on the ground in many years. I still wouldn't and didn't run one. They really filter like crap.
The NIB 361 I bought from Malaysia of all places came with one and I pitched it right away.

Where I use to live we had 5 months of snow on the ground in many years. I still wouldn't and didn't run one. They really filter like crap.
The NIB 361 I bought from Malaysia of all places came with one and I pitched it right away.
Why is a nylon filter considered a “winter” filter anyways? Something to do with heat or snow packing into a paper filter? I don’t think I’ve run a saw one time in the snow anyways, I’m in West Tennessee so it’s not often that we get a good snow storm, I think the most I’ve ever seen was February of this year when we had about 8 inches on the ground for a week, and that’s rare

Why is a nylon filter considered a “winter” filter anyways? Something to do with heat or snow packing into a paper filter? I don’t think I’ve run a saw one time in the snow anyways, I’m in West Tennessee so it’s not often that we get a good snow storm, I think the most I’ve ever seen was February of this year when we had about 8 inches on the ground for a week, and that’s rare
They say snow can pack a flocked filter until it's blocked. I have never seen this and have cut extensively in deep snow and in below zero temps. I always ran with the winter shutter open though and used heated handle/carb saws.
In Upper MI where I use to live we often logged in four feet or more of snow. 36" out of a single storm happens at least once in a poor your and multiple times in a heavy snow year.
The only problems I ever had saw related in heavy snow was bar tips failing prematurely.

The old 70s L77 also has a nylon filter on it, still going.
I did use a little bit of grease on the entry of the 372s air horn to prevent dust from getting in .
I don't think the nylon filters are as hardy if dropped in the thicket, but definitely allows more air flow.

The old 70s L77 also has a nylon filter on it, still going.
I did use a little bit of grease on the entry of the 372s air horn to prevent dust from getting in .
I don't think the nylon filters are as hardy if dropped in the thicket, but definitely allows more air flow.
More air and more particles. There is no free lunch.

Latest posts

Back