365 xtorq top end issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuls

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a parts saw that has new seals and new carb and intake but the thing was stuck. Never ran since new seals were put in. The piston is either too big or the cylinder is too small. No clearance. Everything looks good though. Cylinder is not perfect as has a few small scores but not bad. Guy that had it said something about a difference between one ring vs two ring top ends as he took jug off another saw. I don't buy that though. Kind of lost what's going on. Any help would be appreciated. Or advice on a better place to post this question

Measure measure measure

piston ring end gap
Piston skirt to cylinder wall clearance
Cylinder diameter at top middle and bottom
Piston diameter at top middle and bottom
ring to ring land clearance
Ring end gap is not the issue. As I said the piston clearance is the issue. Piston was 49.90 at widest point. Don't have my bore gauges at home. Assuming it a bad jug. Just going to junk it. Don't need another 70cc saw if I need to buy a new jug for it

Measure measure measure

piston ring end gap
Piston skirt to cylinder wall clearance
Cylinder diameter at top middle and bottom
Piston diameter at top middle and bottom
ring to ring land clearance
Now that I think when I pulled it apart this afternoon it was really just right at the bottom of jug. So pretty much tells me the best base of the jug is bad though it's looks great. I got it from a logger that had 5 of them before going to 562's. The saw he stole the jug from must have been junk. He had some funny recollection though that didn't make sense. I have a lot of experience with the OE 365 and 372 just not the stato version. Just wanted to make sure the wasn't a couple different bores that were real close even though I pretty much knew that would be foolish. So I bought a bad saw I thought I could fix cheap. Not spending 150 in a jug so it fits in scrap pile. Thanks

Back