372 just wont run right...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin wood
I did not think much of your initial post because i always assume spark plugs last forever...
however i see your point and it sounds like a good one. The plug is original from when I bought it... probably has 10 tanks on it or more.
ive been meaning to get a pack of plugs for all of my saws and im gonna order some now.

ive also been doing some reading on what huskhil has said about the coil.
mathew olson had a more aggressive dancing idle rpm issue but similar non the less.
IMO these coils designed for easier starts are not worth their trouble when trying to tune.... im trying to order a black unlim coil now that doesnt ship from china and takes 6 months to get here.

gonna also play around with the lever height, since its flush I think im gonna take off a little bit from the tit of the diaphragm and see how it runs.

thank you all for the advice!
You're welcome, also out of curiosity did you do MM on it? If yes i can suggest somethings to check if it has gone too far. Make sure you're using bpmr7a and ngk if possible

Idle overflowing are usually weak spark or too much fuel, which is where the metering lever height comes into play. Sometimes it doesnt make any difference, porting does affect somethings too

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

Clutch should kick around 3500, is there any change if you go up to a 3000 rpm idle? Maybe a bit more velocity in the case to reduce puddling?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Not really. I just can't see how you could be so anal retentive as to think you could have a saw that does everything positive without a single negative. You don't seem to know how most things in life work. Mike

Not really. I just can't see how you could be so anal retentive as to think you could have a saw that does everything positive without a single negative. You don't seem to know how most things in life work. Mike
Nothing retentive about comparing something to another and noticing a difference. There are alot of things in life that I dont understand.
such as
Why are people ****-wads from the get go?
Why do people get irritated from someone elses questions on a public forum?
Why do people have a problem with someone who wants to get the most out of their stuff?

teach me mike

When you put stuff on social media you have to be ready to put up with all kinds. It sometimes seems to me that people come on here and have a question that:
1.They already have their mind made up for an answer and don't want to listen to any devation from that or
2. They want validation or bragging rights or
3. The internet will solve all problems no matter what common sense may dictate.

I had an even more extreme surging issue at idle with a slightly modded 372xtorq. It went away finally after I raised the idle a few rpms. I believe the theory that the coil somehow was causing this. In my saw, the surge at idle did not affect the way it cut.

I had an even more extreme surging issue at idle with a slightly modded 372xtorq. It went away finally after I raised the idle a few rpms. I believe the theory that the coil somehow was causing this. In my saw, the surge at idle did not affect the way it cut.
When you MM and/or port, you alter the flow of a/f in the saw that was designed for initially. Stock idle rpm will not match your saws need, often times it needs to be higher because MM and port works are done to improve flow, gain power/rpm

Higher idle and opening L more is often necessary to get it run right, sometimes idle needs to be so high until chain is about to spin or spins intermittently slightly to get it to the best spot

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

Gonna try and increase the idle and see how that works out.
I ordered a china coil for 14$ to also go down that avenue.

i bent the lever arm down 10 thou and the fuel pooling issue is 90% gone. Throttle response seems more crisp.
Thank you all for the advice :)

Latest posts

Back