372 kit saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TractorLogger

Reaction score
I recently bought a 372 kit mostly for the fun of building it. I have no need for a 70cc saw, but it is fun for firewood bucking on the odd occasions I get a 16”+ log. The problem is that the saw ran okish for the first tank, but then won’t start. The fuel delivery is probably ok, since it will flood before I get tiered of pulling. Compression is higher than my other saws, but will get a tester to check it. Swamped the spark plug just to be sure, but the spark is weak and white. Tested a few of the other saws which had clear bluish purple sparks with the same plug. I suspect that the coil is bad, but how would this happen after only one tank. Pulled the jug, and no sign of ware or scratches. It might be an air leak issue, but I don’t think it would happen that abruptly. Is there any thing I should try before ordering parts? The saw is more of a fun to build and nice to have, so since I don’t really need it I am hesitant to spend more on parts than I spent on the kit.

Check the coil gap, after that I'd be looking to swap a coil off a running saw or find second hand OEM coil... A lot of the Husky ones have the same package with slight variations in lead length, advance curve, & max RPM

Check the coil gap, after that I'd be looking to swap a coil off a running saw or find second hand OEM coil... A lot of the Husky ones have the same package with slight variations in lead length, advance curve, & max RPM

Reset the coil gap with a feeler gauge, so it should be correct. Will probably order a new coil tomorrow, my local dealer might be able to find an OEM.

Latest posts

Back