372xp x-torq vs MS461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InTheNorth

Joshua 1:9
Reaction score
Not trying to open a can of worms about which is better because I really want both....not sure which to buy first. It seems like up here in Canada my local Husqvarna dealers are no longer stocking the 372xp and I've heard Sthil is going to discontinue the ms461 or make it mtronics. Will be buying one by the end of the year for sure but can't buy both and keep kidding myself I don't have a problem. Assuming one or both will be discontinued in the next six months which is the one I don't want to miss out on? Leaning towards the 372xp but the MS461 looks awesome. Would love to hear from guys that own both....thanks in advance and God bless everyone!

It depends on what you want the saw to do. My 461 can pull a 36 inch bar pretty well in softwood, while an x-torq will not. However, the 461 is noticeably heavier than the 372. So, if you are looking for a saw to pull a 24 inch bar, go 372. If you want a medium saw that will occasionally be a big saw, go 461.

Wieght about the same. The original is lighter, the x torq is heavier. Both good saws. The 461 was replaced by the 462 a few years back.

Also if you can find one .....there is the 372xpw oe 75cc same displacement as the 461 and a wrap handle..i believe in rare form these were made with the 75cc cylinder and a wrap heated handle also ....love to find me one in someone's garage sale .....:surprised3:

Attachments

• thumbnail_part0-2.jpg
    thumbnail_part0-2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 29
I readily acknowledge that I lean toward the Swedish orange rather than the German orange when it comes to chainsaws. Stihl makes great chainsaws and other power tools, do doubt...but I'll recommend the Husqvarna. Now I love to use my 390XP, but if I had to choose just ONE of my saws, I would probably take the 372XP. It's my favorite saw and gets the most use.

JQ

I found a dealer that shows it has several new ms461's in stock and even a new ms460. I will definitely go full wrap model because it is only $30 more......might even consider another $50 for the heated handles as it has been -25 C here already this year. Leaning heavily towards the ms461 but still want a 372xp as well......hope I can find a 372xp at a dealer in six months and don't miss out. Really appreciate all the input and high level of expertise from everyone...Thanks

huskihl said they were and he is pretty knowledgeable guy so I thought I would ask. I thought it was the premier saw of their current line up so why get rid of it? This will probably start something. All I was wondering was if it is discontinued, why?

Xpw in stock form is a dog compared to 460 461 XP may actually cut fester since the xpw doesnt rev as high.

The 372 have pretty well dried up around here last year there was a few on the shelves now I see none.

Im in idaho

Wasn’t certain if that was hearsay or if they actually brought it back out. There don’t seem to be any available. Not certain if it’s Covid related or what
In late 2019 when everyone was panicking about the 372's death, I was working at a Husky dealership and the owner told me that he got word from above that the 372 was not being discontinued yet due to lots of customer backlash. Things could have changed since then, but that was the last I've heard.

In late 2019 when everyone was panicking about the 372's death, I was working at a Husky dealership and the owner told me that he got word from above that the 372 was not being discontinued yet due to lots of customer backlash. Things could have changed since then, but that was the last I've heard.
That’s the same as I heard. They just aren’t on the shelves yet it seems like

Latest posts

Back