372XP X-Torque vs. 372XP OE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone done a head-to-head "real world" cutting comparison test between the two saws? I would be interested in how the XP cuts as compared to the OE. Bone stock -- no mods. Same bar, same chain, etc. I am also curious to see which model lasts longer. The "which one lasts longer" is a bit more subjective as I imagine that few people will be running them side-by-side for the life of the saw.

Also, I'd like to hear from the saw "modders" as to which model is easier to mod and which model benefits most from the mods. Again...most likely fairly subjective opinions here, but the comments will be interesting. If pros were buying a 372XP and both were available, which would you buy? (assuming both are the same cost).

JQ

The original xp will do better with shorter bars, the Xtorq has a small advantage with longer bars.

The Xtorq piston is heavier so it only stands to reason that the crank and bearings won’t last as long if they were used identically.

Ported, just depends on who, how, and what was done. For a normal woods port, they’re pretty even. But the original xp has more potential to turn more rpm because of the lighter piston

The original xp will do better with shorter bars, the Xtorq has a small advantage with longer bars.

The Xtorq piston is heavier so it only stands to reason that the crank and bearings won’t last as long if they were use identically.

Ported, just depends on who, how, and what was done. For a normal woods port, they’re pretty even. But the original xp has more potential to turn more rpm because of the lighter piston
I would say that pretty much sums up the equation. The Xtorq is not as reliable period because of its design as there are just more to go wrong. However they both are good to great from my stance. Thanks

If I get in a blown xt it's quite often the clutch side bearing, nylon cage is not the best idea especially with a fairly long bar and working them hard- usually end up tossing the top end if it is not salvageable and using the xp setup after replacing the bottom end bearings with high quality steel cage and bolt down an xp setup slightly modified but IMO the 372xt is probably one of the best saws in the Husqvarna line up of it's class - still has a standard carb and very easy to work on.

Back