372xt diagnosis help (with video)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoolio

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Having some trouble getting my saw to run, maybe you can help?
I recently pulled the cylinder off and put it all back together and now it bogs down off idle as you can see in the video but if it has a few revs it revs up fine.
I sprayed some brake cleaner around the carb and carb boot and it seemed

Attachments

• IMG_2118.MOV
    14.3 MB
It sounds way too lean. It could be a number of possibilities like kinked impulse hose, pinched or hole in fuel line, intake boot not on properly, bad crank seal, etc. Maybe you could try open up the low jet.

Sorry I must of got distracted while writing that as I sent only half the information?!?!
Continuing on….So I sprayed brake cleaner between the carb and the boot and it came good.
So I pulled it apart again and I can see that the boot wants to skew as you bolt it together (a new boot would probably fix that) .
I started it again and it seemed a bit better except for the bogging off idle.
I ran out of brake cleaner and used inox spray ( wd40,CRC) between the carb and boot but it didn’t help, was the brake cleaner providing extra fuel compared to the oil or have I fixed the air leak and have another problem?
I had pulled apart the carb earlier and it’s a possibility that I bent the tab that holds the needle in? Would that make it run lean and big like that?

Sorry I must of got distracted while writing that as I sent only half the information?!?!
Continuing on….So I sprayed brake cleaner between the carb and the boot and it came good.
So I pulled it apart again and I can see that the boot wants to skew as you bolt it together (a new boot would probably fix that) .
I started it again and it seemed a bit better except for the bogging off idle.
I ran out of brake cleaner and used inox spray ( wd40,CRC) between the carb and boot but it didn’t help, was the brake cleaner providing extra fuel compared to the oil or have I fixed the air leak and have another problem?
I had pulled apart the carb earlier and it’s a possibility that I bent the tab that holds the needle in? Would that make it run lean and big like that?
Brake cleaner is non flammable and will stall the saw, wd-40 will ignite, so will have a different effect. If you bent the metering lever, that definitely will affect the way it runs; bending down will make it leaner, and up will make it too rich. Google the carb model to find out the proper metering lever setting.

I’d bet the divider in the boot isn’t lining up with the carb when you bolt the intake system together. Remove the cylinder and install the carb and elbow to the boot to ensure it’s lining up. Then mount the boot onto the cylinder and set the whole thing down into place as one unit

Saws been de-stratoed, there’s no divider.
But I do think as I thread the bolts through it could be pulling the boot out of shape.
Thanks I’ll look into the metering lever.

Back