394 xp gas leak out two little holes on top of carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How570

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any one Have Any Idea What Would Cause Fuel To Leak Out The 2 Little Holes On Top Of Carb On A 394 XP,I Just Rebuilt This Saw And Double Checked Gaskets We’re Correct On Impulse Passage ( That’s All Good) Carb Kit Is Installed Correctly,I Pulled Carb Back Off And Gas Is Slowly Seeping Out Of Fuel Line ,If I Unscrew Gas Cap It Quits,ANY SUGGESTIONS

Also when carb is completely removed it leaks out of fuel line unless I crack the fuel cap open,I Have Replaced Fuel Line And Filter Also,Could it possibly be tank Vent

Tan vents into the tank and doesn't let anything out. Open the fuel cap before taking the fuel lines off to vent it.
Are you sure you have the diaphragm and gasket in right and everything is tightened down properly in the carb? Definatly sounded like a diaphragm issue to me too.

Also when carb is completely removed it leaks out of fuel line unless I crack the fuel cap open,I Have Replaced Fuel Line And Filter Also,Could it possibly be tank Vent
The tank vent is designed to let air in, not out. The idea is to prevent fuel (liquid and vapors) from venting to atmosphere. Your tank vent is working properly.

Just Thought I’d Post A Update ! I Had The Wrong Diaphram Installed ,There Was Two Different Ones In The Kit And I Put The Wrong One In,It Had An Extra Hole In It ,Thanks For All The Help
Nice to hear when a problem is solved, it may help someone in the future.

Back