40:1 in my new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those older lawnboys are tough, but your not doing the machine any favors.
The lifespan of the newer duraforce are much shorter. The lawn care guys cooked them up pretty quick back in the day when using there 50:1 blower and weed whip gas in them.
Actually the later production run Duraforce were 50:1 , actually embossed right on the gas caps . Although Lawnboy by then was owned by Toro , left 32:1 in their operating manuals so as to further confuse the mass's . Lawnboy was on their way out by then anyways . Toro achieved the top of the heap !

His family owned a saw mill, I’d guess he’d have put 5 hours in before lunch on most days.

Edit, finally caught up, this thread sure is interesting.

So, now he has run a saw mill for 5 hours. I'll buy that.

But, as far as having a chainsaw cutting for five hours he is a rank amateur when it comes to exaggeration.

Holmen Tree said he had cut 2 million trees, right on this forum.

Rogue needs to step up his game.

That jagoff doesn't even understand how a motor works, yet dispenses advice here like he has a clue. He doesnt.. In addition he is a hack mechanic, which is no surprise.

Well, when something else on that deck disintegrates which I am sure it will I will post you a photo. It won't be that ugly scab though. And, the motor will still be fine running 50 to 1 despite your moronic beliefs.

Actually the later production run Duraforce were 50:1 , actually embossed right on the gas caps . Although Lawnboy by then was owned by Toro , left 32:1 in their operating manuals so as to further confuse the mass's . Lawnboy was on their way out by then anyways . Toro achieved the top of the heap !

The one I have with the deck falling apart is a 6.5 HP 10323 . I have a basically new Gold Series with the aluminum deck. But, it is a three speed and second is too slow and third is too fast for me.
I trim for about 30 minutes, places I can't get to with a big mower.

Anyhow, the steel deck is going to eventually be irreparable and I'll have to use the Gold Series.

If that F engine would be better on 32 to 1 it's not that big a deal.

If you think so I'll listen to you.

The one I have with the deck falling apart is a 6.5 HP 10323 . I have a basically new Gold Series with the aluminum deck. But, it is a three speed and second is too slow and third is too fast for me.
I trim for about 30 minutes, places I can't get to with a big mower.

Anyhow, the steel deck is going to eventually be irreparable and I'll have to use the Gold Series.

If that F engine would be better on 32 to 1 it's not that big a deal.

If you think so I'll listen to you.
Well that's what they stated from the factory , for the F-Series . How ever as I mentioned with Saber , Opti2 or Red Armor I feel 50:1 could be utilized due to the F Series engines crank design incorporates full caged needle bearing upgrade . Also the oil viscosity density is adequate , I have run 40:1 for years with no concerns as has my Son !

Well that's what they stated from the factory , for the F-Series . How ever as I mentioned with Saber , Opti2 or Red Armor I feel 50:1 could be utilized due to the F Series engines crank design incorporates full caged needle bearing upgrade . Also the oil viscosity density is adequate , I have run 40:1 for years with no concerns as has my Son !

Well, I bought a gallon of Sabre which will last me a long time. Everything at work is VP racing. I have told them I could save them some money, somehow I think they have plenty.

So, now he has run a saw mill for 5 hours. I'll buy that.

But, as far as having a chainsaw cutting for five hours he is a rank amateur when it comes to exaggeration.

Holmen Tree said he had cut 2 million trees, right on this forum.

Rogue needs to step up his game.
I think you’re letting your dislike for him due to your disagreements cloud your judgement and from that formulating incorrect assumptions so they stay inline with your presumption, which is wrong, both morally and factually. He’s put thousands of hours on saws, of which he’s done multiple posts on rebuilding them and how hard they’ve been worked. I have no interest in bickering match you all have going on here, but I’ll call out bs when I see it.

He’s got clips online too

And his old man still going strong

I think you’re letting your dislike for him due to your disagreements cloud your judgement and from that formulating incorrect assumptions so they stay inline with your presumption, which is wrong, both morally and factually. He’s put thousands of hours on saws, of which he’s done multiple posts on rebuilding them and how hard they’ve been worked. I have no interest in bickering match you all have going on here, but I’ll call out bs when I see it.

He’s got clips online too

And his old man still going strong

Nah, I have no issue with him at all. But, the 5 hours DIFFERENCE in a day between a MS180 and a whatever I find a little much. But, if he is correct he is correct. No dislike at all.

Back