400 cm sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slaughter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a new ms 400 with a 20” bar it came with a 8T Sprocket with a 33rs72 yellow dot chain. I was thinking about putting a 9T or 10T sprocket but not sure it will pull it.

I have a new ms 400 with a 20” bar it came with a 8T Sprocket with a 33rs72 yellow dot chain. I was thinking about putting a 9T or 10T sprocket but not sure it will pull it.
The saw came with a 25” bar and a 8T sprocket. I put a 20” bar on it so figured I could up the speed with a 9T or 10T sprocket looks like plenty of room for the 9T. but this is why I’m asking before I start buying sprockets

I
You’ve never run a 3/8” 9t or 10t, have ya?

Save that for the hotsaws. No I haven’t they have all come with the 8T but this is the first saw that I’ve down graded the bar. I have an 0290 super that pull a 20” bar fine with a 8T. I just replaced it with a 8T.

Hell yes itl pull it. Though you might have make a longer loop or clearance bar to clear sprocket.

Would love to hear how this turns out. Might be the limbing monster we all dream of

20221122_182812.jpg
7 on a 9 pin ive played with on 70-90cc saws

The saw came with a 25” bar and a 8T sprocket. I put a 20” bar on it so figured I could up the speed with a 9T or 10T sprocket looks like plenty of room for the 9T. but this is why I’m asking before I start buying sprockets
I'm surprised such a small saw came from the dealer with a 25 inch bar and 8 tooth sprocket unless requested by the customer.
I'd leave the 20 inch on it and 7 tooth if you are cutting anything over 10 inch

Latest posts

Back