465 Rancher II crank in 460?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexStromberg

Husqvarna/Stihl Technician
Reaction score
Hi! Has anyone tried putting a 465 (34mm) crank in a 460 rancher? Or a 455 for that matter. Because the 465 and 460 has the same bore but different stroke, would the crankcase just be too small for the longer stroke? You'd have to get the jug too from a 465 but i can get everything from my work so parts arent a problem to get.

If you have access to all of the parts it might be worth seeing if the cutouts for crank throw are enough to handle the extra stroke length...if they are then cutting the squish band could allow a reduction in squish using the longer rod.

If you have access to all of the parts it might be worth seeing if the cutouts for crank throw are enough to handle the extra stroke length...if they are then cutting the squish band could allow a reduction in squish using the longer rod.
Yeah i thought of that, but i have to order them. I measured a junk 455(same crank as 460) and it's only around 1mm from the rod to the crankcase. I might order a 465 crank to just try it out

When we're doing a long rod conversion to zenoah g320 engines, we just clearance the bottom of the case for the crank. It's only 1mm deep and plenty of case left to seal it properly. Depending on how thick your case is this may be an option.

When we're doing a long rod conversion to zenoah g320 engines, we just clearance the bottom of the case for the crank. It's only 1mm deep and plenty of case left to seal it properly. Depending on how thick your case is this may be an option.
Yeah a shop that ports car engine heads with a 3 axis should should be able to help with it.

What is the difference in stroke? 1mm of space in the case gives you almost 2mm of extra stroke (if the crank weights are at the same radial
Distance as the outside of the big end bearing, they usually are).

Also check that the flywheel and clutch will thread on to the new crank, the actual crank shafts are the same length and that both cranks have the same diameter wrist pin.

Latest posts

Back