5105 cat muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwaldner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a dolmar 5105 all stock with the cat muffler. I've been thinking about buying a 5100 muffler just to get rid of the cat. I dont really wanna tear into this one. Little ocd.

Is there a decent reason from a reliability standpoint to get rid of the cat muffler? I understand there's probably power to be gained but honestly its crazy fast as is. I have heard getting rid of the cat makes the saw run cooler as the cat gets super hot and holds that heat. Will I gain reliability getting the non cat muffler or will it run forever with the cat muffler?

For a cat to work it has to be hot. Than means the saw will run hotter with it than without.
a few of my saws are either old enough or new enough (strato port) to not need a cat. The rest have them removed.

If you don’t wanna open that muffler just get the 5100 muffler. I have a 510 with the non-cat muffler, which is the same as the 5100 muffler. I also put a 5100 top end on it like eight months ago. It’s one of the best performing 50cc saws I have.

Back