550XP Autotune Issues..

ajs2654

ajs2654

ArboristSite Lurker
I’m
Take the ring off and orient it in the bore the same as it would be on the piston and push it up into the bore above the exhaust port using the piston to square it up and check the ring end gap.

Honestly, it doesn’t look like it has all that much time on it to me. I think the compression is probably fine and the ring gap is probably less than .015” and their adapter was the reason for the low compression.
I ordered a new ring since I have everything apart. For 8 bucks its worth it but still don’t think it’s going to fix my issue.. I’ll keep trying.

chainmaster

chainmaster

ArboristSite Operative
Hello i don,t know if it will help since you have your piston off check the side port covers like this it,s worth a try
some times the sealer have a crack like this on the picture

Attachments

• 20211107_133453.jpg
    20211107_133453.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20211107_133522.jpg
    20211107_133522.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20211107_133626.jpg
    20211107_133626.jpg
  • 20211107_133752.jpg
    20211107_133752.jpg
chainmaster

chainmaster

ArboristSite Operative
I could get the saw to start right i reseal with gasket maker silicone and it started better but there something else it din,t want to idle i read some where about the idle issue on the carb butterfly there is hole i made it larger a little bit at the time till i fond right spot now works great idles good and revs great it worked for me don,t know if it will work for you but you have your cylinder off check it out

ajs2654

ajs2654

ArboristSite Lurker
Question.. When putting the piston back into cylinder, do the end of the rings need to go into the slot on the cyclinder? That is what I was trying to do, but in the process of doing it I think it may have moved a quarter of a inch away from the slot. Just wanted to be sure before moving forward.

huskihl

huskihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Question.. When putting the piston back into cylinder, do the end of the rings need to go into the slot on the cyclinder? That is what I was trying to do, but in the process of doing it I think it may have moved a quarter of a inch away from the slot. Just wanted to be sure before moving forward.
The ends of the ring go on the ring locating pin on the piston. The ring notch needs to line up with the pin

Big_Eddy

Big_Eddy

ArboristSite Operative
And don’t twist the cylinder while installing. Line everything up before putting the jug over the slug. Twisting the cylinder can force the ring to rotate in the slot and damage the locating pin. Then your ring will rotate on the piston and you will be taking it back apart. Been there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajs2654

ArboristSite Lurker
Well I got everything back together. I went to start and it fired right up. Compression seems better after replacing the ring. It only ran for less than a minute, and then it seemed like it was struggling for fuel. I noticed when I was primming it, it didn’t seem like enough fuel was getting to the bulb. After I am done priming it before starting, it almost sounds like there is air leak somewhere. I checked all the fuel line connections around the carb, and everything looks fine. Fuel filter was recently replaced. Well see what happens next.,