550xp muffler mod&tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm putting back together a seized MY 2013 Husky 550xp. It deens like it ran with bad or insufficient oil, exhaust side of the piston is quite damaged. Anyway, I'm worried about what people says about this saw: it runs ALWAYS a bit too much lean, it overheates (maybe due to the lean tuning), and sooner or later it will bite the dust. I read many threads about this Autotune carb, and I still haven't figured out if these kind of issues were possibly fixable ( e.g. Does the 1/4 of a turn in on this little screw on the carb really work? Will an update to the programme made with the dealers' computer make it run fatter?)
Anyway I got that the saw seems to get too hot. Will a MM make it run "cooler"? I don't care too much on having power gains, this saw when running the right way Should be a little tractor. But if it helps to get a cooler engine due to the bigger amount of hot gases being sent off, here will come MM. Last but not least, I'm worried about the re-tuning after this MM: as Autotune seems to make the engine always run a bit lean, will it readjust the fuel by fattening it the right way? Will it get the engine to say goodbye 'cause it won't fatten enough? If anyone knows ANYTHING about these issues and the MM, here's the place where to talk about it.

I did a muffler mod on mine and didn’t do anything specifically to tune it, just put it to work and I’ve had no trouble from it at all. That may not be the info you were looking for, but I thought I would share. Saw runs great and sounds to me like It tuned itself by use and might be running cooler.

Back