550xp Throttle Cable Slack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajs2654

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently had to install a new gas tank on my 2014 550xp. When trying to connect the throttle cable to the carb, there is too much slack in the line. When I pull the trigger, it barely moves the carb throttle because there is too much slack. I see there is a small slit underneath the housing, I assuming this where the carb cable came out of. Is anyone able to snap a few photos of theirs so I can compare or explain how it should be guided through. 562 should be set up the same way. I forgot to snap a couple photos of the connection before taking apart.

Thanks in advance for any help or input.

Andy

Hi,
I recently had to install a new gas tank on my 2014 550xp. When trying to connect the throttle cable to the carb, there is too much slack in the line. When I pull the trigger, it barely moves the carb throttle because there is too much slack. I see there is a small slit underneath the housing, I assuming this where the carb cable came out of. Is anyone able to snap a few photos of theirs so I can compare or explain how it should be guided through. 562 should be set up the same way. I forgot to snap a couple photos of the connection before taking apart.

Thanks in advance for any help or input.

Andy
Going out now to get a picture. IMG_8710.JPG IMG_8711.JPG IMG_8712.JPG

Latest posts

Back