562 xpg air filter upgrade problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernMaverick

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Please help. Ordered a air filter upgrade for my 2014 562 xpg. Someone already put a high top cover with cutout on it, so I just ordered the base and filter not the whole kit.
Just went to install it tonight only to find mine is blue, and the new one is black. Also I see no place to hookup the tank vent line that goes to the old intake/filter base. My question is this: is there a difference between the filter bases for a xpg vs a xp? Does the heated carb have a different shape, therefore requiring a different base? And where does the vent line go to now? Thanks in advance.
Ben

I believe the black elbow is for the standard xp, not xpg. It probably lacks the 3rd spade on the switch for the “g” ground, and the alignment holes for the carb air thermostat
Bummer. Looks like a buddy of mine is getting a early bday present, and im out $45. He has 2 regular xp's.

Even though it may be of no concern now, just for information, there was a change in the air filter base from the 2014 model style. Don't know when it occurred, but my 2017 is different, weaker where the fuel line routes to the carb (smaller clip)....vibe mounts got larger at some point to. Bolt pattern went from hex to star.

Ok. Finally went over to the saw shop and asked the husky mechanic about it. Only difference between blue and black is the 3rd wire attachment point. His kit was $69 but had the top cover included so now I have a extra cover. He also said to let the vent hose hang loose in there. Went ahead and deleted the decomp and
plugged the hole in the cover while I was at it. 0818211207_Film2.jpg
Took it to the woods this afternoon and it runs great. Getting the vent hose out of the air box seemed to get rid of the hot start problems, as others have said. Checked it a couple of times after shutting it off and didnt see any gas inside the top cover / carb area, so I guess all is well. Must just vent fumes / vapor and not liquid for the most part. All in all a good day.

Back