562xp dies off idle. Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure the fuel filter and fuel line are good, and the carb screen is clean? And all the diaphragms are still soft?
Sry for the delay, I was waiting on a carb kit and tools.
Carb screen was spotless. Fuel line was upgraded to new Pn about 5 years ago, seems ok. Filter is brand new. Diaphragm were soft but was going to install new until I had leaks,see below.

I finally got the new parts in and found a problem with one of the boot to cyl bolts, it was loose. Might have been the source of my vac leak around the carb.during testing.

Carb was washed in ultrasonic 2x.

After installing a new oem carb kit I found leaks on both covers.

I removed the new parts from the pump side and reinstalled the old pump gasket and diaphragm but applied sealant around the perimeter. This got the pump side to seal and hold pressure. Old gasket and diaphragm were ok but I wanted to install new just in case. Not sure cause of leaks, but did find a slight Burr on the sealing flange of the carb that I filed off.

Metering side will not hold vac. Will leakdown in a couple seconds with new parts installed. I put sealant on the autotune comp gasket but it made no difference. I haven't tried installing old parts back in nor have I done much troubleshooting yet .

Any tips chasing vack leaks in a carb? It doesn't look like fun

I don’t know much about the computer stuff but the previous person had tried cutting at it and stuff but the factory cut holes are what I was talking about
I got a couple pics of the intake butterfly on my carb ill upload once I'm back home

Edit: Added pics
Capture1JPG.JPGCapture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Sry for the delay, I was waiting on a carb kit and tools.
Carb screen was spotless. Fuel line was upgraded to new Pn about 5 years ago, seems ok. Filter is brand new. Diaphragm were soft but was going to install new until I had leaks,see below.

I finally got the new parts in and found a problem with one of the boot to cyl bolts, it was loose. Might have been the source of my vac leak around the carb.during testing.

Carb was washed in ultrasonic 2x.

After installing a new oem carb kit I found leaks on both covers.

I removed the new parts from the pump side and reinstalled the old pump gasket and diaphragm but applied sealant around the perimeter. This got the pump side to seal and hold pressure. Old gasket and diaphragm were ok but I wanted to install new just in case. Not sure cause of leaks, but did find a slight Burr on the sealing flange of the carb that I filed off.

Metering side will not hold vac. Will leakdown in a couple seconds with new parts installed. I put sealant on the autotune comp gasket but it made no difference. I haven't tried installing old parts back in nor have I done much troubleshooting yet .

Any tips chasing vack leaks in a carb? It doesn't look like fun
Not certain about vac testing. I’ve only used pressure. The fuel inlet in the carb will probably need 25-35psi to pop off. As long as it holds 15 psi it should be good. Under pressure, you can dunk it to find leaks.

Not certain about vac testing. I’ve only used pressure. The fuel inlet in the carb will probably need 25-35psi to pop off. As long as it holds 15 psi it should be good. Under pressure, you can dunk it to find leaks.
It held pressure after applying sealant, see pic. Before sealant it was leaking around the permiter of the cap. You could see lots of fine bubbles escaping, particularly around where the 2 threaded holes for where the strato butterfly bolts on.

As to vac testing, I was following procedure in Huskys shop manual. After I posted above, I bench tested the primer circuit and it primed and held gas just fine. Im not sure why it wouldnt using the vac pump, but I wonder if it was due to there being a lack of gas inside the carb? or maybe the ultrasonic jiggled something wrong when I cleaned it? Not sure at all so Ijust put it back together and it seems to be OK. I assembled most of the saw, but didnt get to test it out. Hope to get it tested tomorrow. Still not sure why the brand new Carb Kit is leaking.

Capture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

It held pressure after applying sealant, see pic. Before sealant it was leaking around the permiter of the cap. You could see lots of fine bubbles escaping, particularly around where the 2 threaded holes for where the strato butterfly bolts on.

As to vac testing, I was following procedure in Huskys shop manual. After I posted above, I bench tested the primer circuit and it primed and held gas just fine. Im not sure why it wouldnt using the vac pump, but I wonder if it was due to there being a lack of gas inside the carb? or maybe the ultrasonic jiggled something wrong when I cleaned it? Not sure at all so Ijust put it back together and it seems to be OK. I assembled most of the saw, but didnt get to test it out. Hope to get it tested tomorrow. Still not sure why the brand new Carb Kit is leaking.

View attachment 1078353View attachment 1078355
That makes sense. I wasn’t thinking about the purge side. If you are having troubles, it’s not a bad idea to plug off that purge side hose and see if it changes it. If any air can get into that system, it won’t run right

Attachments

• 792FA5AC-1530-408D-B3E1-FC26A960586C.jpeg
    792FA5AC-1530-408D-B3E1-FC26A960586C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Well I finally buttoned up the saw after so much screwing around. I emptied out all the gas and subbed in some of the Husky "Aspen" fuel .

The saw ran better than it ever has. I ripped a 10' log and the thing just barked. :chainsaw:

I dont know if its the newly cleaned carb, the new parts, the sealed up leaks? Maybe its the Husky fuel? Maybe the carb reset and relearn? Ugh.

This is the worst, when you do so many fixes and dont know what was the one that fixed the problem. I wish I had an answer to give folks with the same issues. One thing I do know is I hope its not the Husky fuel, that stuff is way to expensive if I have to use it all the time, $16.00/L will break me its like $8.00 a tank!.

If anything changes and it acts up again, Ill update the thread. Thanks for the help

Capture4.JPG

Back