562xp dies off idle. Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck, maybe toss a fuel filter at it just because. Sometimes it's the really simple stuff. If the saw doesn't lose any pressure/vacuum then there won't be any leaks, bucket of water or no bucket of water. Also, have you checked and made sure the metering lever is supposed to be flush with the carb bottom? Some carbs want them set to a certain depth.
I thought about the fuel filter... I probably will chuck one in it even though this one is only a couple years old at most.

The bucket of water was more about desperation. I dont expect to find any leaks, that saw has been thoroughly sprayed with soapy water, but who knows if I missed something?

If Im reading right, Zama says to set the lever at 0 to12 thou under the flange. http://www.zamacorp.com/disassemblyservicing-as250.html

Put a new throttle valve in it but be very careful installing and removing it is a challenge and takes time and wiggling my el46 runs great after I has a different hole cut in the valve but make sure it opens and seals closed

I ordered mine from jack’s
So you really noticed a big difference with the updated throttle plate? Ive seen this mentioned before but the results were inconclusive.

Would a video of the saw in operation make much difference?

Should the connector bar between the Strato butterflys and the main throttle plate be tight? Mine has a slight bit of slop meaning that the strato plates lag a couple miliseconds behind the main throttle? Is this by design?

I wish I had a picture of my old one and the new one I wonder if you rotate yours 180 degree’s there was two holes in me plate so I started with the small hole open the other hole is hidden by the rod but if you spun it 180 degrees the other hole might be open check your factory one there might be a hole in it behind the rod just options I’m trying to think of you did a leak down test and everything is tight?

I wish I had a picture of my old one and the new one I wonder if you rotate yours 180 degree’s there was two holes in me plate so I started with the small hole open the other hole is hidden by the rod but if you spun it 180 degrees the other hole might be open check your factory one there might be a hole in it behind the rod just options I’m trying to think of you did a leak down test and everything is tight?
Yup I did a leakdown before and after I resealed the base. After the reseal it was TIGHT. No leaks. I plugged up the decomp when doing it as well.

Im probably going to end up welding the decomp solid to prevent future leaks, nobody Husky or Stihl has a decomp delete plug in stock. Heck local dealers havent even sold one before! The parts guys didnt even know what I was after and I had to give them the part numbers. I think that speaks to the ****** quality of dealers I have local. Most good dealer and saw builders are doing Decomp delete by default. I even talked to a Stihl tech at one dealer and he didnt know at first what I was after, makes me think that hes not plugging off the Decomp when hes doing Pressure/vac testing. Good to see. lol.

Hey guys. Back on the saw project.

Ive gone through the carb again and still have the off idle stall. Saw is still starting very easy.

Got to thinking about air leaks again. I thought I was 100% sure there were no leaks!. Vac and pressure testing showed no leaks.

So for ***** and giggles I tried some carb cleaner and I can kill the saw by spraying the boot area. Either where it mounts to they cylinder or where it goes onto the carb. Ive made a couple short videos to demonstrate.

I gotta say Im a bit confused where this leak is considering it was perfectly air tight when doing P&V testing.

An earlier pic in Post 17, showed the twisted plate that holds the air intake boot to the cyl maybe its there?. But it also is leaking at the carb end of the boot and the carb to boot fasteners are tight. I even tried a little grease between the carb and boot to see if that would help seal.

Has Husky updated the boots and mounting since Gen1?

When I had the saw apart, I looked over the boot and saw no damage (plus the P&V tests showed no leaks when the boot was attached).

Carb has been dipped and P&V test with no bubbles.

Have a look at the vids and see. Im not a videographer, so sorry for the shaky camera, . Each video shows a different test on a different part of the boot. The carb end one is real obvious.

Did you end up figuring this saw out
Not yet. I've been waiting on parts from Sweden since before Xmas. I got the last intake piece 2 wks ago but haven't had a chance to go at it.

While I've been waiting on parts I had the saw at a dealer and hooked it up to the computer to see what it said:

Code 17 39 times

1.0.18 firmware

I have screenshots ill post up once I'm on a pc. He said thats the most current firmware for my saw.

I haven't ran the saw since dealer reset because I want its first run to be with the new intake setup so it doesn't learn any bad habits lol

I found pics of both carb valves

Thanks. Ill have a look and compare with mine next time Im at the saw.

If anyone's interested, attached are the screenshots from when the saw was hooked up to the diag. comp. Throttle actuation and hall effect switch were tested as part of the diag. and worked OK.

I got a new boot, divider wall and boot to carb mount for the saw to see if that fixes it up. I think I got a slight air leak if Im reading the diag correct?? Any other smoking guns from the diag that I missed?

Autotune Error 17 is "Low Idle Speed or minimum fuel level". The product may have bad acceleration or other lean setting problems. Autotune has reached the maximum lean setting"

Capture33.JPG
Capture11.JPG
Capture22.JPG

Latest posts

Back