Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any extensive handling of both these saws and if so tell me your thoughts on each and why you may like one over another or pros vs cons. I know the weight between them is different for sure. My apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find much on them being discussed together.

620 is manual adjust. It is bigger and heavier than the 562. Has more torque.

562 is computer controlled, which I have come to like, and is smaller and tighter saw. Much zippier, and has “rev boost” for limbing. The computer allows a burst to 15,500 for a few seconds.

Modified, the 620P impressed me more than the 562.

I’d pick the 562 over the 620. Do a muffler mod (which sucks to do) and don’t look back. If you are using the saw for bigger wood frequently, the 620, but I’d buy a second saw instead.

PS. I am related to Silvestri’s. Have a bunch in my Family.

620 is manual adjust. It is bigger and heavier than the 562. Has more torque.

562 is computer controlled, which I have come to like, and is smaller and tighter saw. Much zippier, and has “rev boost” for limbing. The computer allows a burst to 15,500 for a few seconds.

Modified, the 620P impressed me more than the 562.

I’d pick the 562 over the 620. Do a muffler mod (which sucks to do) and don’t look back. If you are using the saw for bigger wood frequently, the 620, but I’d buy a second saw instead.

PS. I am related to Silvestri’s. Have a bunch in my Family.

Good info and recommendations! I didn't realize that's what the rev boost was for and did. With more use i can get used to it and grow to like it. I probably should hang on to it due to some bad tennis elbow on my left side, the reduced weight helps.

#Duce was kind enough to send me a opened up muffler for it, I haven't run the saw in wood with it on yet but I will soon, its defiantly louder! sounds good though!

My family is actually from upstate NY and I have some family left there now.

Back