562xp vs. ms-362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan Clark

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Alright. I've looked and all the comparisons between these two models are a few years old. I'm wanting some feedback on the husqvarna 562xp and the stihl ms362. After broken in how do they compare as far as cutting speed, torque, reliability and ease of starting. All serious input is appreciated.

I have a 562 and it starts easy, hot starts easy and it cuts well (it's been ported). Friend of mine owns a tree service and always used 372's for ground work, switched to 562's and they have seen two years of service without issues, believe me, he would let me know. 540's for bucket work and 576,385,394 for larger logs. Now, just have to talk him into trying a 572, will be a hard sale, he never buys first year saws.

Seems like I may be stirring up something similar to a "Ford/Chevy" whirlwind. If there ain't a dimes worth a difference between em then I'll just delete the thread

Seems like I may be stirring up something similar to a "Ford/Chevy" whirlwind. If there ain't a dimes worth a difference between em then I'll just delete the thread
they are very comparable ..in both weight, size, power, ect. ....I prefer the 562...myself ............feels more compact ......I would ck them both out ...then buy the one you like the best

There’s a version 3 coming out for the 362, interested in that. My version 2 362 RCM has been great, lighter than a 562 with similar bar and I have the wide clutch cover instead of the light weight one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll stir this up for you. Echo 600/620p!

I've had 562's and they seem to be the smoothest and most grunt stock.
I've had 362 mtronics and they weren't bad pretty close to the husky, but a little harsh and not as much down low. But I like the inboard clutch for some reason.

I've sold both the 562 and 362 and have kept my 600p. I like it better than both the stihl or husky. Only thing I don't like about it is my local dealer sucks. Big time. Other than that it's a solid saw. And no electronics to go bad. Darn 362's have a sensitive fuel solenoid. I've had to replace several and not just on my saws.

Steven

I have owned both. I prefer the Stihl. I feel it has more torque in the real world. I also like the floppy caps lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Husqvarna will cut "faster" where the Stihl is more torque. The stihl is also a pound lighter, but the husky is more narrow and feels more compact... So basically, it's personal preference. go pick them up and see which feels better in your hands.. they are both great saws

The Husqvarna will cut "faster" where the Stihl is more torque. The stihl is also a pound lighter, but the husky is more narrow and feels more compact... So basically, it's personal preference. go pick them up and see which feels better in your hands.. they are both great saws
Exactly what he said.
Husky cuts faster in softer wood.
Stihl has more torque when it counts.
Stihl is lighter.
Husky is narrower.
Husky feels smaller in the hands.
Both reliable.
I like the 2 ring piston of the Stihl compared to the 1 ring Husky. For me it means the Stihl should retain its "Optimal Compression" for more years than the Husky.

Exactly what he said.
Husky cuts faster in softer wood.
Stihl has more torque when it counts.
Stihl is lighter.
Husky is narrower.
Husky feels smaller in the hands.
Both reliable.
I like the 2 ring piston of the Stihl compared to the 1 ring Husky. For me it means the Stihl should retain its "Optimal Compression" for more years than the Husky.

Cutting hardwood in these parts. So you're saying the stihl may have an advantage in hardwood?

Cutting hardwood in these parts. So you're saying the stihl may have an advantage in hardwood?
No, the Husky will cut a little faster in any wood. The Stihl is a more reliable design. If reliability is your main concern get the Echo cs590/cs600. All of them are nice saws, pick one and go cut some wood.

Yeah I did buy a saw. I watched that video and was pretty much at the same place I was when I started. I ended up with the stihl 362c. Mainly because the stihl dealer was better to work with.
I really like it. Running a 20" bar with a "yellow chain" it screams. Ain't ran it enough to really speak for durability. But as far as running and feel of the saw I love it.
Don't know if you bought your saw yet. This is a good watch anyways.

ah

Yeah I did buy a saw. I watched that video and was pretty much at the same place I was when I started. I ended up with the stihl 362c. Mainly because the stihl dealer was better to work with.
I really like it. Running a 20" bar with a "yellow chain" it screams. Ain't ran it enough to really speak for durability. But as far as running and feel of the saw I love it.

ah
Congratulations on your purchase! Great saw, I loved mine. And you hit the nail on the head, making your purchase choice by the quality of the dealer. When both saws are so close on performance and reliability, having a good local dealer tips the scales.

I also just bought an MS362, but it’s non mtronic, it is a version 2 model though.

Attachments

• 00BEDE76-44F5-435B-9054-5413D8B267B2.jpeg
    00BEDE76-44F5-435B-9054-5413D8B267B2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 1D711850-50F7-4A7E-9B2D-00E0CE91E5AA.jpeg
    1D711850-50F7-4A7E-9B2D-00E0CE91E5AA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
Back