562xp vs. ms-362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed, both Husky and Stihl make some damn fine saws....that being said when in doubt go for the best service after the sale. Where I live service sucks for both. plenty fo Stihl & Husky dealers, but they love to bend you over...me not so much into the alternate lifestyle so i work on my own....in that case Husky wins as i can get parts all day long on line with no issues.

Its just that i came across a comment on Youtube from Mastermind saying that he would bet his farm the ms 362 would outlast the 562xp.

Exactly what he said.
Husky cuts faster in softer wood.
Stihl has more torque when it counts.
Stihl is lighter.
Husky is narrower.
Husky feels smaller in the hands.
Both reliable.
I like the 2 ring piston of the Stihl compared to the 1 ring Husky. For me it means the Stihl should retain its "Optimal Compression" for more years than the Husky.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I was faced with the decision between Husky and Stihl
I still have a 25 year old Stihl, works really well - even if a bit heavy for its size.
I was also happy with my18 inch Husky.
But wanted to upgrade to at least 20 inch with the potential to run a 25 inch bar. So was looking for around 3.5 Kw
The Husky model has had a history of problems !
It's been around for a number of years, before Husky announced some modifications.
The modifications did not address the huge number of complaints ( which were quite serious ), and there was no admission by Husky that they were at fault.
Worse still, they did not appear to accept any warranty liability.
For me, they have lost a potential customer.
I now have a Stihl 362 which is 3.5 Kw, and can run a 25 inch bar.
As an engineer, this machine is far better constructed, has a nice balance and is just so easy to use.
I have been converted away from Husky, back to Stihl - because I no longer have any faith ih Husky

The 562 performs better than the 362 in both torque and speed and will cut faster in any type of wood. The only downside is the 562 has the outboard clutch which bothers some guys.

If your stuck in buying a stihl I would go with a MS400 is bests both the 562 and the 362.
Think that's what I'm going to do, get the MS400C over the MS362/MS362C or 562XP.

I was holding both the 362 and 400 with a 20" b&c and really couldn't tell the weigh difference between the two. The 400 is only $100 or so more.

NYH1.

I was faced with the decision between Husky and Stihl
I still have a 25 year old Stihl, works really well - even if a bit heavy for its size.
I was also happy with my18 inch Husky.
But wanted to upgrade to at least 20 inch with the potential to run a 25 inch bar. So was looking for around 3.5 Kw
The Husky model has had a history of problems !
It's been around for a number of years, before Husky announced some modifications.
The modifications did not address the huge number of complaints ( which were quite serious ), and there was no admission by Husky that they were at fault.
Worse still, they did not appear to accept any warranty liability.
For me, they have lost a potential customer.
I now have a Stihl 362 which is 3.5 Kw, and can run a 25 inch bar.
As an engineer, this machine is far better constructed, has a nice balance and is just so easy to use.
I have been converted away from Husky, back to Stihl - because I no longer have any faith ih Husky
Moat of the compliants with the 562 had to due with hard restarting in high temps. I had a very early 562 and didn't have a single issue, but I lived in Upper Michigan at the time which by no.means has a hot climate.

Latest posts

Back