575XP Stripped Plug Threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, didn't want to derail this thread: https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stripped-spark-plug-threads.171403/

Bought a Husqvarna 575XP that has a stripped out hole. The ham fists that had it before me used a solid insert but it was loose. We chased the threads, used another new insert, and some loctite. We found they had put the insert in crooked.

Because of the crooked shot, the gasket plug would not seat. So being a sneaky SOB, I got a tapered seat plug. It seemed to seal up really well, only a tiny tiny bubble of a compression leak. Ran the saw awhile, tightened up up, ran it again. Took it to the woods. ALL SEEMED TO BE MERRY.

Then it 'sploded. insert came loose.

I have a cylinder that is bad but the threads aren't damaged to set up the bore angle for another shot at the insert, but would need to buy all the tools/inserts etc.

So we are looking at one of the following:
An oversize insert for a 14mm plug done by a machine shop.
A standard insert for a larger sized plug (don't know how to find one that will work or how big I'd have to go.)
A nicer AM P&C Like a Meteor, run as-is.
A Huztl P&C with porting and massaging for fun.

Hey all, didn't want to derail this thread: https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stripped-spark-plug-threads.171403/

Bought a Husqvarna 575XP that has a stripped out hole. The ham fists that had it before me used a solid insert but it was loose. We chased the threads, used another new insert, and some loctite. We found they had put the insert in crooked.

Because of the crooked shot, the gasket plug would not seat. So being a sneaky SOB, I got a tapered seat plug. It seemed to seal up really well, only a tiny tiny bubble of a compression leak. Ran the saw awhile, tightened up up, ran it again. Took it to the woods. ALL SEEMED TO BE MERRY.

Then it 'sploded. insert came loose.

I have a cylinder that is bad but the threads aren't damaged to set up the bore angle for another shot at the insert, but would need to buy all the tools/inserts etc.

So we are looking at one of the following:
An oversize insert for a 14mm plug done by a machine shop.
A standard insert for a larger sized plug (don't know how to find one that will work or how big I'd have to go.)
A nicer AM P&C Like a Meteor, run as-is.
A Huztl P&C with porting and massaging for fun.
There's guy's that will weld and rethread that cylinder.
Oem is always best.

Coming back to this. Originally, resolved to get a new OEM cylinder, so contacted a seller here to get one.

They are already no longer available for this saw, and even the Meteor kits seem to be drying up. Pretty clear that I look into having it welded at this point, just need to get it apart!

Any p/c kits on eBay?

Try my dealer, “ chainsaws unlimited” in southbury, ct. he might have a p/c kit. Tell him I sent you.

I checked eBay when I created this thread and there was China AM, Meteor and OEM all readily available. Now just seems to be only if there is OEM it was nearly $400. But it looked sketchy. The problem is my budget is dang near dried up for even AM.

I checked eBay when I created this thread and there was China AM, Meteor and OEM all readily available. Now just seems to be only if there is OEM it was nearly $400. But it looked sketchy. The problem is my budget is dang near dried up for even AM.
The gent that offered to weld it is a straight up guy. It will be better than new when he’s done with it.

Back