592xp? A rant.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wow. Very exciting, to finally see the new 80-90cc saws! But extremely disappointing. 16.3 pounds? Almost a pound heavier than the 390!!
I'm actually laughing at the emphasis on "maneuverability"; with it's centered rear handle! Hahaha. Umm, my 1957 Mac has a centered rear handle!! That's some real ingenuity! Especially described by the unbiased third party tester.... that's paid!!! "Here's a $1300 chainsaw, and a paycheck." now I'm supposed to believe his opinion? As he walks to the bank with Husqvarna money? Right.
But... Maneuverability!
Ummmm... isn't a big part of maneuvering a saw related toit's weight? You know, those ounces making the 390/395 so much "better" than the 066/660? Perhaps only I remember the husky guys hammering that point and preaching about torque is always secondary to weight. That throttle response and handling are paramount, even over power?... That dissertation happened for decades and I got on board.
I clearly remember how "It's all about OUNCES!!!" Yet, somehow, full pounds mean nothing now?
"Best in class"? What class? The overweight class? Because the 585xp is very much in the 80cc class... The same "class" as an MS500i...but it's a full forty ounces heavier!! That's two and a half pounds!! That's a lot of weight for 5cc and WiFi. I'm literally shaking my head.
Yeah yeah, I remember those 044 timbermen saying that real loggers don't feel weight, they only feel power. Okay then, try humping a 70cc saw into the Adirondacks, walking for three hours, with lunch, water, fuel, oil, chains, axe, handsaw, ifac, and ppe all strapped to your back. Then create a landing, select cut mature hardwoods strategically, to be helicoptered out. Only to walk three hours back out again. In wind driven sleet.
Tell me then, how ounces don't matter, let alone full POUNDS!!
I get that Husqvarna is focusing on the pnw. Catering to those giant majestic trees made of pure cheese. I've been there on a contract for Boeing. Union job....yuk.
I've hit the "post" of a 5' cedar. I've felt the mossy ground shake as monsers fell. Only respect!! But there's a difference when one 20" frozen ash completely ruins two freshly ground chains... not dull, to be quickly scraped sharp again, but actually snaps the cutters completely off.
Husky must be after the left coast, as all dealers I know of on the right coast have closed or totally lost any Husqvarna support. That's across six states. Every crew. Every contractor. Every company from giants like asplundh running thousands of saws a day, to maltby's, running half a dozen. There's no new huskies to be found anymore. And it's not by choice!
It's like Husqvarna has forgotten what made them so great. Light, fast, and durable..... AVAILABLE!!
Stihl and Echo sure have, and are stepping up with availability, quality, dealer support, and a complete redefinition of class.
To me, my JRed 2065 ran no bigger than a 20". Ever. But in the pwn, that same saw would run a 30 or 32 happily. So why, when fallers are running ported 60cc saws with giant bars, would husky make heavier, slower saws?? In the only area they're still targeting??
Sure, I'm biased, because I'm angry. Angry that Husqvarna abandoned the east coast, while pushing out overbuilt and heavy saws, and they're seemingly playing catch-up in a niche they created.

500i = 79.2cc 6.7 HP 13.9 lbs

592xp = 92.7cc 7.6 HP 16.3 lbs

MS661 = 91.1cc 7.2 HP 16.8 lbs

The 592 is 13.5cc large in displacement. The 592 is to compete with the 661 not 500i, but I assume you already knew all that.

And here is my 390 on a scale. So according to the listed numbers the new 592 should be over an ounce lighter than the 390.

aa7d9d6a594ee9208742d1d0f228aaf1.jpg

Yes sir. You're weight is only about 5 ounces off of the advertised listing.
That's no insult, at all, but the standard....for all manufacturers.
And at no time did I compare the 592 to 500i, I was specifically referring to the 585, in that particular comparison. Which I'll reiterate: 2.5 pounds is just not worth 6cc. That's a 45cc to 70cc weight difference.
I'm not knocking the product specifically and would love to have either, especially if the bottom end is like the 572.... double especially in comparison to the 385/390's bottom end.

Yes sir. You're weight is only about 5 ounces off of the advertised listing.
That's no insult, at all, but the standard....for all manufacturers.
And at no time did I compare the 592 to 500i, I was specifically referring to the 585, in that particular comparison. Which I'll reiterate: 2.5 pounds is just not worth 6cc. That's a 45cc to 70cc weight difference.
I'm not knocking the product specifically and would love to have either, especially if the bottom end is like the 572.... double especially in comparison to the 385/390's bottom end.
You said the 592 is almost a pound heavier than the 390, where did you come up with that? No until I actually have a 592 here all we have to go on are the listed weights, but I've never seen them off anywhere near a pound. For reference 16 Ounces = 1 Pound.

Look, I'm hopelessly hoping that someone will get through to Husqvarna.
That chick with a mohawk and the effeminate guy that looks like he's never even pull started a leaf blower are the heads of the logging division???
Paying for 3rd party evaluations?
Seriously?
With a saw heavier than it's predecessor?
In a market that's being directly completed for?
Real world, what touches the 462? What competes with the 500i? What's in the same class as the 400?
Where's the innovation? Where's the testimonials?
"Yeah but" is all I here.
It's sad and makes me sad.
"A centered rear handle for maneuverability".
What??!!! Seriously?
That's like ford releasing a mustang,that's slower and heavier than previous models but advertising that it has four tires.

With a saw heavier than it's predecessor?
But it's not! if the listed number is correct.

My guess is you're just posting this nonsense to try and spread bad info, so people searching will find this thread. You're acting like nothing more than a Troll, which is likely what you are.

You're right, the 395. That's my bad.
Strange how husky still has the 390 on it's sight.
Anyways. Okay... I acquiesce. The 592 is lighter than the 395.

Husqvarna.com
390xp 7.3kg (16.1lbs)
592xp 7.5kg (16.3lbs)

There's those ounces again. Lol
Did you not see the picture? Saw info on paper is often inaccurate, which is why we really wont know until someone puts a production saw on an accurate scale. My guess is the 592 will be about the same weight as a 390xp with 1.1 more HP, that's a huge improvement.

You're right, the 395. That's my bad.
Strange how husky still has the 390 on it's sight.
Anyways. Okay... I acquiesce. The 592 is lighter than the 395.
Because it's replacing both the 390 and 395. The 592 has an awesome power to weight ratio. And you still said a pound.

Back